Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 241

Thread: [Chrome] ExHentai Easy v2 [Get past sad panda!]

  1. #21
    The Weeabooest seidweise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    pardon could you help me i was trying to use your plugin i downloaded it but when i clicked on the file it didnt install do i need a special peice of software to work it
    the instructions are on the download page

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Angry

    I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post on this thread since it pertains to the Chrome extension but here it goes...

    I recently uninstalled your chrome extension because I was streaming anime for someone who knew of sadpanda and didn't want her knowing of my porn. I had no problems reinstalling the extension, but after reinstalling I found that the button at the top of chrome was missing, and I don't know of any other way to use the sadpanda extension. I could not find an option to re-add the button and it's rather troubling, I'll place some images below to show you examples of what I mean.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02b401f2e6b4bd3aa424f40e3df6d614.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	502 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f5f0d4a48271cf79d918531527238dc0.png 
Views:	626 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	503 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3a652fa68e73a1fec39bda2435228ce0.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	504

    The first one shows that there's no option to re-instate the button for the extension at the top of the browser, the second one shows that it's not there and shows me hiding the button on Adblock Plus to see what would happen on the extensions page, and the third shows that for Adblock Plus there IS an option to replace the button at the top of the page after hiding it. This is extremely frustrating for me and I was hoping you'd know of how I could get the button back, even if i needed to get an update/downgrade my chrome, or if you knew of a way to use the app without the button, because I don't.

    Sorry for bugging you, hope you reply soon with a solution, and thanks in advanced.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    just go to exhentai. the button is no longer necessary...

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeq View Post
    just go to exhentai. the button is no longer necessary...
    Thanks, didn't even notice. Appreciate the help.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default Problems with the app

    I like the convenience that the Get past sad panda app provides but I have a couple of issues.

    1. The enter key does nothing when signing in, meaning I have to type in my username and password and then use my mouse to hit enter, kindof inconvenient but no biggie.

    2. Your "logout" button doesn't seem to work, once in a blue moon it has, but usually all it does is change the URL from exhentai.org to exhentai.org/# and refreshes the page. I really want to make sure no one gets on the site while on my account but me, but unless I logout from e-hentai forums it seems to keep me signed in. I've gotten past this by setting chrome to clear all cookies from e-hentai.org but keep the cookies from exhentai.org so that when I quit it forgets that I'm signed in.

    Thanks in advanced.

  6. #26
    The Weeabooest seidweise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pensy View Post
    I like the convenience that the Get past sad panda app provides but I have a couple of issues.

    1. The enter key does nothing when signing in, meaning I have to type in my username and password and then use my mouse to hit enter, kindof inconvenient but no biggie.

    2. Your "logout" button doesn't seem to work, once in a blue moon it has, but usually all it does is change the URL from exhentai.org to exhentai.org/# and refreshes the page. I really want to make sure no one gets on the site while on my account but me, but unless I logout from e-hentai forums it seems to keep me signed in. I've gotten past this by setting chrome to clear all cookies from e-hentai.org but keep the cookies from exhentai.org so that when I quit it forgets that I'm signed in.

    Thanks in advanced.
    #1 is not a bug or problem, its there to ensure mobile compatibility

    #2 "but usually all it does is change the URL from exhentai.org to exhentai.org/#" how is this a problem? It executes javascript and does not refresh the page as intended
    https://github.com/haruhichan/exhent.../background.js line 20 <-- I just confirmed this is still working and debugged it, the plugin does not touch any cookies on e-hentai forums.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seidweise View Post
    #1 is not a bug or problem, its there to ensure mobile compatibility

    #2 "but usually all it does is change the URL from exhentai.org to exhentai.org/#" how is this a problem? It executes javascript and does not refresh the page as intended
    https://github.com/haruhichan/exhent.../background.js line 20 <-- I just confirmed this is still working and debugged it, the plugin does not touch any cookies on e-hentai forums.
    What I was hoping the logout button would do is bring me back to the login screen keep me logged out of the actual website until I log back in. This way if anyone tries to follow me on my computer to where I've been they won't be able to get on exhentai.org
    I've gotten around this another way so it's not a huge deal for me.

    I think our problem might be that when one logs in to ex through your app it seems to also log them into the e-hentai forums, then when you use the logout button, it deletes your cookies from ex but does not log you out of the e-hentai forums so when you (or god forbid a friend) goes back to exhentai it lets you in since you are still logged into the e-hentai forums.

    Right now what happens when I use the logout button seems to be pretty much nothing since if I use it and then close my browser and go to exhentai.org again I find myself right back on the front page even though clicked the logout button before closing chrome. The way I have it now is quite nice, though it took a while to get it all figured out.

    Thanks for your support and for the app itself.
    Last edited by Pensy; 03-10-2014 at 04:08 AM.

  8. #28
    The Weeabooest seidweise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pensy View Post
    What I was hoping the logout button would do is bring me back to the login screen keep me logged out of the actual website until I log back in. This way if anyone tries to follow me on my computer to where I've been they won't be able to get on exhentai.org
    I've gotten around this another way so it's not a huge deal for me. I think our problem might be that when one logs in to ex through your app it seems to also log them into the e-hentai forums, then when you use the logout button, it deletes your cookies from ex but does not log you out of the e-hentai forums so when you (or god forbid a friend) goes back to exhentai it lets you in since you are still logged into the e-hentai forums.

    Right now what happens when I use the logout button seems to be pretty much nothing since if I use it and then close my browser and go to exhentai.org again I find myself right back on the front page even though clicked the logout button before closing chrome. The way I have it now is quite nice, though it took a while to get it all figures out.

    Thanks for your support and for the app itself.
    I think your being overly paranoid, closing the tab vs redirecting you to the login screen makes no difference tracking wise, you have to clear your history/cache/cookies regardless to be fully transparent or access the site in incognito mode

    The cookies have to be set for the e-hentai forums in order to view ex-hentai, regardless I will message s0beit and ask him if he wants to update the plugin to make sure you are logged out of e-hentai forums. I only maintain the firefox plugin.

  9. #29
    The Weeabooest seidweise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    @Pensy
    Ill patch it for you, reply to this message if you want to test it and I will post (so I know you did not abandon this thread lol)

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Sure, I'll test it if you want.

Members who have read this thread: 465

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
J-List is a wonderful toybox of things from Japan - come see