Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a new feature in mind? or a new look? Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Xvenic View Post
    Post thanks/like/dislike system
    Been thinking about it, but I decided against it at the last minute. I think it would be better to just make the built in reputation system stand out more.

vBExperience
    Is exactly what I want to avoid. I've used it on other forums in the past, it's a mess.

Info panel
    Link to mod, or be more descriptive. I don't know what this is.

vBMail
    I don't see how this would be useful to us.

Mass Private Message
    Link to mod, I can see it being useful but I can't think of any reasons why we'd ever have to use it.

on second... maybe modify user rank first (member, junior member, administrator) make an image to change it or modify with color / something
    IMO: current userrank too plain..
    Ranks take up a lot of space, but we've been thinking about adding images anyway. I'll post more about it when I feel it's important, it's not very important right now.

I have the resources to be able to Stream games and videos If that's helpful at all.
    Also I think the brighter colour scheme for Haruhichan website looks much better than a dark scheme.

Just my opinion but I'd be against a "dislike" option. If a user doesn't like the content they see then they can simply stop viewing it. A dislike button would only cause arguments, disagreements and hostility between members. But a like and a thanks button would be a good idea :3

Last edited by Xvenic; 09-15-2012 at 12:27 AM.

I don't think a person's reputation should be determined by someone who doesn't like their work. Not only that but say someone rounds up a bunch of morons and give you bad rep because they have something against you. Positive Rep and a thanks option is fine but there's no need to highlight the negatives in someone's rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucchini View Post
    I don't think a person's reputation should be determined by someone who doesn't like their work. Not only that but say someone rounds up a bunch of morons and give you bad rep because they have something against you. Positive Rep and a thanks option is fine but there's no need to highlight the negatives in someone's rep.
    seems you did not get the point....
    What I'm trying to say is that like / dislike / good rep / bad rep is about matter of perception and it's needed....
    You can always tell other people to "simply stop viewing" stupid post, but you can't tell a troll to stop trolling... and not to mention this is an open forum which a people could always do something stupid

If there's no negative rep then how should a new user know which person is a good example and which is a bad example (keyword: new)
    Again the point is to tell the poster that his / her post is offending someone / assaulting / trolling someone... negative rep and dislike is as important as positive rep / thanks and like

if you don't get what I meant then it's okay... I'm just saying to prevent a becoming of "troll nest" and "troll recruitment camp"... again just my point of view

Just gonna reply so you know I've read it. But either way I'm not that bothered. It's up to the site owner in the end. I'm done on the matter.

A Programming sub-forum might be cool. May not be really used, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuturu Jones View Post
    A Programming sub-forum might be cool. May not be really used, but cool.
    I would post in it, but we have to decide what we're going to do with the clusterfuck of games forums first. I'll probably combine games/programming things/general crap into an off-topic section or something. Put all games under one main forum, and all the current forums as subforums to the games forum.

Weeaboo leader or something Swaps4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prind View Post
    Fix the direct torrent download! I mention it in this thread - http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthre...nloading-Guide

Also I think we can improve on the spoiler tag for a better design and also to support images as well...
    It's done now .

Members who have read this thread: 1