Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haruhichan now displaying adverts?

Weeaboo leader or something Swaps4's Avatar

Exclamation Haruhichan now displaying adverts?

Greetings users of Haruhichan!

As you may have noticed, 5 days ago we decided to display static banner advertisements across the site. I’ve placed them in a least obstructive manner so it will not ruin your experience of using the site to grab your anime episodes and check out the latest news.

For the past 4 years while we’ve been ad-less I and various members of staff have paid for the server’s costs out of our own pocket. While we do accept donations to help out, we rarely get them. I was considering doing a donation drive post to help and keep the site up and running and providing a good service but recently a legitimate advertising company has contacted me and I have decided to try them out for the next month and see if it will help with our current server bills cost each month.

Right now the only ads we are displaying are static banner ads (No popups, no popunders, just static banner ads). We earn income from people loading and viewing the ads on pages (This means if you have Adblock enabled for Haruhichan it causes our income to be lower via the ads and doesn't help us earn enough to cover the server bills, so please consider disabling Adblock just for Haruhichan) and from people clicking the ads and signing up to games and such.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment them down below.

Staff

capitalist pig sell-out

Quote Originally Posted by snukz View Post
    capitalist pig sell-out
    If I were a sell-out I would have popups all over the site which I refuse to do.

Staff

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm okay with ads,I even disabled ad block here :P

When will this donation drive be? I've gotten a lot of content and I want to give back.

Quote Originally Posted by FFX01 View Post
    When will this donation drive be? I've gotten a lot of content and I want to give back.
    I'm not sure. Ads aren't doing too well, I already dropped one company and the current ad company which displays game-related ads is earning peanuts (Mainly because it's just a static banner, popups etc are better money but I don't want to do that). You can always donate to us through http://haruhichan.com/page/donate.html

Members who have read this thread: 4