Tired of bad media playback? I bring to you the ultimate solution: KCP aka "Kawaii Codec Pack"
*You can alternatively access this page via http://haruhichan.com/KCP
*Please make sure you only download KCP from the links given to you on this first post, no where else!
MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL OR HAVE THE FOLLOWING BEFOREHAND
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
(you most likely already have this installed but its best to play it safe, some filters require this)
.NET Framework 3.0 (If you need this windows should notify you, it comes with all versions of windows since vista)
Please make sure you uninstall ALL instances of MPC-HC, CCCP, ffdshow, madVR, Haali, K-lite, CoreAVC etc. before installing KCP. They may conflict, so do this to be safe .
I am looking to receive your input on what you would like to see added and what customization options you would like to see in the near future. Your feedback will help improve and mold this codec pack into what it is/will become.
This codec pack will result in higher image quality and performance than using CCCP, so if you’re struggling to play back Hi10P anime, or even regular 1080p, consider trying this. This codec pack will be updated regularly and uses very new versions of libav for decoding as well as custom edits to make 10-bit decoding even faster, giving it much more speed than the ridiculously outdated ffdshow-tryouts project.
- Given the ability install the latest xy-VSFilter (optionally)
- Given the ability install madVR (-evr-cp set as renderer if madVR is not installed)
- Quick configuration app
- Optional DXVA2/CUDA support
- Hi10P/10-bit support
- Chapters shown on seekbar
- Able to take screenshots
- Visually approving like your eyes have never seen before
- No more excuses to be lazy, since it just works
Minimum requirements (We have spent dedicated time testing KCP on various setups, these are the minimum requirements we have found that work best):
OS: Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8
Specs: 1.6 Ghz, 1 GB RAM and 64 MB for GPU. (Note: This is for 720p Hi10P/10-bit playback)
This is subject to change as we are making some installer presets for certain specs.
- I can't stress this enough uninstall old filters/codec packs before installing.
- During playback, press Ctrl+J to bring up the madVR OSD. Pay attention to Dropped/Delayed frames. Obviously, you want these as low as possible (remember that starting a video will usually cause a few dropped/delayed frames). If frames are being dropped/delayed every few seconds, drop down to a different tier setting on install.
- Ctrl-R will reset Delayed/Dropped frames to 0.
- Remember that the video also affects the rendering speed. Test out some grain intensive or high-bitrate videos. If you can play those back just fine, you'll be good for just about everything. OPs/EDs are generally good for this since they can be the most rendering intensive parts of a show, and can easily be used as a test over-and-over again to see different results.
-The installer gives you the option of enabling hardware acceleration in LAV-Video. It has been observed that enabling hardware acceleration may cause issues for some individuals. Feel free to experiment.
-Smooth motion is an optional feature in madVR that significantly enhances video quality. In order to use this feature, ensure that hardware acceleration is off in LAV-Video. The use of hardware acceleration has been reported to cause excessive dropped frames.
Main to do list: (see posts in this thread for more detailed and bigger list, or to contribute a suggestion)
- Make installer way more kawaii (our graphic designers are busy fapping atm) - We've started but it just isn't kawaii enough.
- Auto updater (work in progress)
- Add customization options to the installer for those who are picky
- Search for bugs
- Test it out as much as we can
Known bugs or issues:
Nothing at the moment.
Updates and Test Builds:
Stable releases are to made about roughly every month.
Test builds are made frequently but at random.
We make frequent small updates and push them out as test builds.
Test builds may have bugs, that's why we test!
Test builds are eventually marked as stable or succeed by another build.
If you would like to contribute to the testing effort, feel free to and post your results in this thread.
Please leave your feedback! Without it we won't know what to improve on. If all goes well (or not), say something below!
madVR scaling algorithms:
The following settings have been approved by madshi (creator of madVR).
The settings corresponding to "Low Tier" correlate to what madshi configures in a default madVR install.
During KCP installation, the Mid-tier option is selected as the default option unless the user specifies another tier.
None of these tiers have yet to be associated with any hardware specs officially. User feedback is greatly appreciated as always.
*credit to Niyawa for making this for us
AR = Anti-ringing, LL = Linear Light
Stable build changelog:
0.5.2.3 - 06/05/2013
There is no need to upgrade if version 0.5.2.1 or 0.5.2.2 is working smoothly
Modified madvr/mpc settings
Test build changelog:
using the latest MPC-HC lite build
KCP now includes (OPTIONAL) ReClock, ReClock is not in the default install.
If ReClock is chosen as an installation component an options screen will appear in the installer
-The screen enables you to choose common mixing options in LAV-audio
-The screen enables BitPerfect audio via Reclock
The makers of all the tools implemented.
seidweise (creator of this pack)
nand and Swaps4 for making the original Hi10P/10-bit guide (rip nand 2012)
s0beit for being kawaii and a code guru
Vito for doing the banners/graphics!
Niyawa for your research/intel!
All you animu elitists.
Daiz - for doubting us and for enlightening us with his awesome original advice "[18:12] (Daiz) here's my tip to KCP [18:12] (Daiz) copy all the settings from CCCP" - Daiz
Everyone who is currently testing and giving feedback.
seidweise - Head of the project/coder/maintainer
s0beit - a kawaii individual
swaps4 - quality control/testing/research
We idle on #haruhichan@rizon
You are welcome to bother/PM us about anything
We do no post or give support on any imageboard such as 4chan.
If we ever decide to, we will provide a tripcode in this thread.
Random ramblings in a very informal tone by seidweise: