Page 89 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

Really nice work, thanks everyone for this codec pack

K new experimental
    pretty much if everything is 100%, then were on the right path to a stable release

Changes:
    ReClock install fixed
    Bitperfect settings added to settings app
    Bugs in settings app all fixed

CRC32: 6B3C0394
    MD5: C8D4ECFD5D679430503143625F93DE8F
    SHA256: 90706D7311C76E7494BDD621EC5AC033A0D980FB7A706B1C9B A046FEF8E8C3AA

plz test out if bitperfect is getting turned on and off correctly in the settings app for you

~testing!~
    http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/KCP-0.5.2.7_[6B3C0394].exe
    ~testing!~

@mindbomb I checked on two other pc's, haali does not load if lav-splitter is set to prefer, double check for me that this isnt some bug/issue on your end and ill throw in haali detection to solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Niyawa View Post
    Don't even think about that. You need to install it again otherwise the filters will not be recognized.
    I don't have the .exe of the KCP version I have right now. It has worked really well for me for a long time and I love it. Is there a way to transfer it to my system?

Quote Originally Posted by carazy View Post
    I don't have the .exe of the KCP version I have right now. It has worked really well for me for a long time and I love it. Is there a way to transfer it to my system?
    what version ill just relink it
    ill also make http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP publicly listed

Quote Originally Posted by seidweise View Post
    what version ill just relink it
    ill also make http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP publicly listed
    It is KCP 0.5.1.0. You said it was an ancient version I managed to find what version it is by searching for the first post I made in this thread.

Thanks so much.

@mindbomb I checked on two other pc's, haali does not load if lav-splitter is set to prefer, double check for me that this isnt some bug/issue on your end and ill throw in haali detection to solve the problem
    I just installed it and I had haali in use for my matroska files.
    Not sure why you can't reproduce it.

UPDATE: Using newer KPC versions, I cannot reproduce errors specific to LGS at this moment. However, I still recommend LGS 8.45 (or not installing it at all), unless you have some specific reason to upgrade to 8.46.

Just a heads up for anyone using KCP/MPC-HC with a Logitech keyboard or mouse.

Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.xx will occasionally cause MPC-HC to crash with a heap corruption (0x374) or access violation (BEX, 0x5) error. We used AutoHotKey to automate opening a file 200 times (as the crash pretty much always happened on file load)

LGS 8.46.xx installed - crashes at minimum within every 20 file-opens. Usually within 5 opens.
    LGS uninstalled or 8.45.88 installed - did not crash in over 400 file-open operations.

Also, 8.46 drivers will cause other applications to randomly crash with the same error codes (ie. CoreTemp crashed for no reason with a 0x5 BEX error code), so playback isn't the only thing that you inhibit with the 8.46 drivers.

So the solution is to use 8.45.88 if you have Logitech peripherals and wait for them to release something that isn't a complete and utter POS driver, which in my estimation, will be never

Cheers. Thanks for version 0.5.2.7, ReClock works great.
    Last edited by Satanas; 06-08-2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: update

Weeaboo leader or something Swaps4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post

Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.xx will occasionally cause MPC-HC to crash with a heap corruption (0x374) or access violation (BEX, 0x5) error. We used AutoHotKey to automate opening a file 200 times (as the crash pretty much always happened on file load)

LGS 8.46.xx installed - crashes at minimum within every 20 file-opens. Usually within 5 opens.
    LGS uninstalled or 8.45.88 installed - did not crash in over 400 file-open operations.

Also, 8.46 drivers will cause other applications to randomly crash with the same error codes (ie. CoreTemp crashed for no reason with a 0x5 BEX error code), so playback isn't the only thing that you inhibit with the 8.46 drivers.

So the solution is to use 8.45.88 if you have Logitech peripherals and wait for them to release something that isn't a complete and utter POS driver, which in my estimation, will be never

Thanks a lot for this info.

@niyawa
    is your reclock icon green?
    I think my hardware is poop cant change the refresh rate, I change it to 60Hz but it goes back to 59Hz lol
    EDIT: nevermind ati ccc was being derp also depends on the content I'm playing
    Yup, it depends. I have a 60hz screen so when I play 24 videos I get the yellow icon, but with 30p videos it's the green one.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post

thx for the info, ever since I installed win8 I haven't bothered to installed any logitech software for my G500 since the settings were saved on the mouse. (and I prob will never install it now lol)

Members who have read this thread: 58