Page 146 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3137

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

When will KCP get updated with the new LAV filters?

How would Potplayer work, if at all, with madVR, LAVFilters and XySubFilter? I think the player itself looks really nice with my newly installed Windows 7 custom theme as it has its own skin and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
    When will KCP get updated with the new LAV filters?
    already done havnt released

Hey guys,
    I'm having a bit of a problem with KCP.
    Sometimes my PC will just shut off when I open a video with KCP. Just as soon as the video frame is visible the PC will sometimes just shut off like it lost power. And it only happens with KCP, nothing else.
    I've already tried numerous things,
    Did a clean install of Windows 8 from 7 and the problem still happens.
    I've stress tested the system with Prime95 and FurMark at the same time so it doesn't seem to be the PSU like I first thought.
    Tested my RAM in Memtest86+ and it showed no problems.
    Tried editing various settings in BIOS, would still happen.
    Tried running the lowest setting of KCP too, would still happen.
    Checked my HDD's for any problems using HD Tune Pro, and there weren't any.

So at this point I'm actually stumped, I'd love if somebody could help me out.

My specs are:
    Intel i5 - 2500K
    HD 5850
    4x2GB Corsair 1600Mhz RAM
    Corsair 650TX V2 PSU
    Xonar DGX Sound Card
    MSI P67-G45 Motherboard.
    Last edited by WFMS; 11-11-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seidweise View Post
    already done havnt released
    Stable
    http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/K...7327B1C%5D.exe

CRC32: 87327b1c
    MD5: 97e2c4d71c92ad13f8bcf5a42fe4c4c1
    SHA256: 04fd2a57d657c0787046490aa4d609481c6573cb142d209909 70683796d63f2d

Experimental (I personally think the xysubfilter beta is pretty fricken stable)
    http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/K...7D35C66%5D.exe

CRC32: 57d35c66
    MD5: 45ec42d19dda15fcacd90ce0ac47437c
    SHA256: b2bf8192de15693835f56a4942699497de9034744b78cdc200 7157c7b86970fd

Changelog for both packages:

0.5.4.4 AND 0.5.4.5 9/11/2013
    MPC-HC updated to 1.7.0.191
    LAV filters updated to 0.59.1
    -Support for demuxing H.265/HEVC and VP9
    KCP Settings App Updated
    -Fixed bug with tray icon settings

anyways I moved KCP over to a git repository so I can organize things better
    added the ability for the installer to upgrade existing KCP version BUT something is broken so I revered the changes
    working on improving the settings app atm

Quote Originally Posted by fumoshi View Post
    This Code Pack is awesome, it solve me a problem with a format I could not reproduce.

But I had to uninstall the codec pack, I cant play GTA San Andreas if the code pack is installed (it hangs in the init screen when trying to reproduce the intro video of the game) help please I want to keep KPC installed
    Someone else had this problem with a different game (Fallout 3 New Vegas) and posted about it, this is how he fixed it in a nutshell:
    So gta cant utilize LAV most likely for some audio or video codec... how I would fix this is as follows
    1. First identify what format/codec gta is trying to utilize (In the case of Fallout 3 it was the mp3 splitter)
    2. For instance if you identify some audio codec: uncheck it in the format tab in LAV Settings http://i.imgur.com/i16Ygoe.png (In the case of Fallout 3 it could not decode mp3 with LAV)
    3. Test game again... If that fails rinse and repeat

http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthre...ll=1#post22317 <- how a previous user fixed Fallout 3
    You can reference this post and the posts before it

Quote Originally Posted by WFMS View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm having a bit of a problem with KCP.
    Sometimes my PC will just shut off when I open a video with KCP. Just as soon as the video frame is visible the PC will sometimes just shut off like it lost power. And it only happens with KCP, nothing else.
    I've already tried numerous things,
    Did a clean install of Windows 8 from 7 and the problem still happens.
    I've stress tested the system with Prime95 and FurMark at the same time so it doesn't seem to be the PSU like I first thought.
    Tested my RAM in Memtest86+ and it showed no problems.
    Tried editing various settings in BIOS, would still happen.
    Tried running the lowest version of KCP too, would still happen.
    Checked my HDD's for any problems using HD Tune Pro, and there weren't any.

So at this point I'm actually stumped, I'd love if somebody could help me out.

My specs are:
    Intel i5 - 2500K
    HD 5850
    4x2GB Corsair 1600Mhz RAM
    Corsair 650TX V2 PSU
    Xonar DGX Sound Card
    MSI P67-G45 Motherboard.
    check your windows event log for critical errors and report back please

Quote Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
    i mean why would you make an mkv with external .ac3 and .srt files rather than just have one mkv with the ac3 and srt inside of it
    Oh kay.

Quote Originally Posted by fumoshi View Post
    I had to uninstall the codec pack, I cant play GTA San Andreas if the code pack is installed (it hangs in the init screen when trying to reproduce the intro video of the game) help please I want to keep KPC installed
    Edit: seidweise found a fix for that. Apparently LAV puts itself as primary decoder even for native ones included in Windows. Next version it should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    How would Potplayer work, if at all, with madVR, LAVFilters and XySubFilter? I think the player itself looks really nice with my newly installed Windows 7 custom theme as it has its own skin and everything.
    About the same as MPC-HC. It's loaded with unneeded features but for advanced users it can be a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by WFMS View Post
    Do you get BSOD or similar erros? Or it simply turns off? I had a similar problem but was related to my own hardware and not a KCP issue. KCP is a codec pack so when people report to us they are having hardwire issues then it becomes hard to give support because the possibilities of it not being a KCP problem is big, which already makes it out of my reach. In your case, it might be a graphics card issue (or driver) but that's as much as I can tell you.
    Last edited by Niyawa; 11-10-2013 at 04:52 AM.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

I can't get KCP to work at all! i installed it, but all it does is make my video really choppy to the point of insanity. My laptop has all the specs for it; i've tried turning on the smooth motion; turning it off; setting it to the lowest tier; even that other dire option (don't remember what it was called--the last option when it is impossible to play video); played around with madVR and a whole bunch of other options....... nothing seems to make my videos work. They're all in 1080p. I'm not really familiar with codec packs at all so sorry if I sound a little bit ignorant.

Before installing, I alternated between MPC and Potplayer but both players would get a little bit choppy which caused my audio and video to go out of sync whenever there were some more detailed scenes or fast paced ones. I came across KCP which seemed to fix everyone's 10bit 1080p problems, so I decided to download. Nothing seems to work. I just want to play 10bit 1080p video

Quote Originally Posted by nhi View Post
    I just want to play 10bit 1080p video
    Calm down. Tell me your specs first. You say it might have just the specs for it but I need to know if it really does.

In case it does, then we need to track down the source of the dropped frames... which could be difficult, seeing as how much you've already tried.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by seidweise View Post
    check your windows event log for critical errors and report back please
    I get Critical: Kernel-Power - Event ID 41
    With the following details:
    - System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
    EventID 41
    Version 3
    Level 1
    Task 63
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000002
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2013-11-10T16:59:17.404274800Z
    EventRecordID 546
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer Sarunas
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData
    BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0

Do you get BSOD or similar erros? Or it simply turns off? I had a similar problem but was related to my own hardware and not a KCP issue. KCP is a codec pack so when people report to us they are having hardwire issues then it becomes hard to give support because the possibilities of it not being a KCP problem is big, which already makes it out of my reach. In your case, it might be a graphics card issue (or driver) but that's as much as I can tell you.
    Nope, no BSOD. Just a shutdown. I realize this would usually be a hardware issue but it's just that it literally only happens when I launch KCP and as I've said in the original post it doesn't seem to be RAM or the PSU as the stress tests passed. Also games and other video players like VLC run fine and don't crash the system. That's why I ended up posting a reply here as I couldn't replicate it any other way except with KCP.

Members who have read this thread: 25