Page 11 of 314 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

Sorry for taking so long, had some things to take care of.

Let's start with Farfie...
    Don't complicate things man. If the downmixing didn't work with LAV, it's not going to work with Audio Switcher either. Unless there was something in the pack preventing it from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by lpgranger View Post
    I chose the mid-level tier. My laptop's an '09, but it's got all the needed specifics as in the 2 GB ram and such
    Please take notice that I mentioned those graphics are not accurate. Download CPU-Z and show me a "Graphics" tab screenshot, and the CPU you're using as well. If your laptop is weak enough, the shutdown must have been caused by the DAT (system protection, Windows bullshit). Though I don't know if that was available in Windows XP. Oh dear Windows XP. And do what seid said (no pun intended), it might work out.

Now back to what seid posted regarding the app settings.

1. Settings should have a friendly interface, drop the tabs. Make a unique window. For example, instead of having LAV Audio/Video/Splitter tabs, remove them and make a button where you open the actual window configuration of each one.
    2. That also applies to madVR. As Farfie pointed out some of the issues, "Change!" should be moved to give the feeling everything will well, change. I would still prefer "Apply". Though I agree it makes less kawaii.
    3. Still in madVR, please drop the "tier" thing. I made out of nowhere, let's use "Preset", it's less beta.
    4. Still in madVR again, drop out the instructions, people know that it's the settings window, they don't need to know "Change!" will change something, it doesn't make sense.
    5. Take out the "Custom" and put it at the right side of the Presets, it will take less space and make it more organized together with a main window.
    6. Include a button to open Haali main window too.
    7. Make sure to give us options to select the icons we want in the system tray as well options in the KCP pack to determine if we want or not Desktop/Menu shortcuts.
    8. Regarding the MPC-HC tab, making it shorter with only the more common formats it's better. If people really want to associate it with more non popular formats, there's the actual MPC-HC window for that.
    9. Also with MPC-HC again, I still recommend the use of MPC-HC lite. It will prevent any problems with internal filters and it's more neat.

Take a look at CCCP LAMM configuration window, it's not kawaii, but it's functional, and I should at least give them credit for that. Sorry if I seem harsh, it's my job as beta tester.

This is just a heads up, but you guys will want to drop any attempt to make the pack compatible with Windows XP. It's a fucking 11 year old system, and there isn't any reason to use it.
    Last edited by Niyawa; 01-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

@Niyawa

Did some more tests this time regarding memory consumption.
    720p 10bit videos use 300mb system ram for mpc-hc and 350mb of vram (4 buffers cpu and gpu, various scaling algorithms).
    1080p 10bit videos use 600mb system ram for mpc-hc and 430mb of vram (4 buffers cpu and gpu, various scaling algorithms).
    vram usage at idle is about 250mb (I have a dual monitor setup, 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 expanded desktop mode but even single monitor mode only saves a few mb of vram).

I also thik that there are way to many "tiers", based on this chart highest should remain as is, high should be middle, middle should be low and low should dissapear. I assume that a pc with the "lowest tier" cannot play a 1080p video properly even if it is only 8bit.

Finally I did some tests on my mum's i3 540 hd graphics and 4gb ddr3 1333mhz of ram:
    single screen @ 1024x768
    only bilinear can be used (25% gpu load) otherwise gpu load goes to 100%
    720p 10bit videos use 300mb system ram for mpc-hc and 120mb dedicated and 90mb dynamic vram (4 buffers cpu and gpu, bilinear)
    1080p 10bit videos use 600mb system ram for mpc-hc and 125mb dedicated and 180mb dynamic vram (4 buffers cpu and gpu, bilinear)

hope this helps some more and I'll do some gpu load tests on my system later on.

Cheers.
    In the school, the three guys met. Their relation had been changed in the season, and turned into three love stories.

Quote Originally Posted by seidweise
    @Farfie my g500's middle click died after 6 months, then after 1.5 years right and left click no longer work (something on its logic board is defective/fried)
    Sounds like you should be on my side then!

Quote Originally Posted by Niyawa
    2. That also applies to madVR. As Farfie pointed out some of the issues, "Change!" should be moved to give the feeling everything will well, change. I would still prefer "Apply". Though I agree it makes less kawaii.
    Okay it's your fault, but now I'm 100% sure the button should be "Changie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Niyawa
    It's a fucking 11 year old system, and there isn't any reason to use it.
    Gonna have to disagree here. I hate ancient tech as much as anyone else, but the maintainer of every single software in this package goes out of their way to keep support for XP. I think at the very least we should wait for one of these softwares to publicly drop support for XP before we do it for the whole pack. Unless I'm mistaken, but I'm 95% sure that all of these softwares just have a few odd settings that don't do anything on XP, and nothing more. I do of course agree though, that no one in their right mind should be using XP in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Kado
    Finally I did some tests on my mum's i3 540 hd graphics and 4gb ddr3 1333mhz of ram:
    Was this with madVR's bilinear or EVR-CP?

Quote Originally Posted by lpgranger
    yes? because that didn't do anything. >.<
    Like this, though don't do it before clearing the registry like Seid wants you to.

Also, if you manage to solve your problem in the future, it'd be best to turn custom channel mapping back off. This is a rather brute force attempt to fix the problem (but it won't hurt anything).
    Personally, regardless of any outcome, I think you should go to your laptop manufacturer's website, find your model, and update your motherboards chipset drivers, and anything to do with sound if it exists on its own. Also update windows as much as it'll let you if you already don't do that...
    Last edited by Farfie; 01-04-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: always forget something

@Farfie
    Was with madvr.

@lpgranger
    I had the same problem, while i was watching a 5.1 video with stereo headpphones.
    I solve it by enable the Stereo mixing in the LAV Audio decoder options:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headphones setings.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	118
    Tell me if it help you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kado View Post
    I also thik that there are way to many "tiers", based on this chart highest should remain as is, high should be middle, middle should be low and low should dissapear. I assume that a pc with the "lowest tier" cannot play a 1080p video properly even if it is only 8bit.
    Look at post 80 on that same page. It will explain a little why it's better to have five. Thanks for your tests, I'll be using that data based on your GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfie View Post
    Okay it's your fault, but now I'm 100% sure the button should be "Changie!"
    I know, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfie View Post
    Gonna have to disagree here. I hate ancient tech as much as anyone else, but the maintainer of every single software in this package goes out of their way to keep support for XP. I think at the very least we should wait for one of these softwares to publicly drop support for XP before we do it for the whole pack. Unless I'm mistaken, but I'm 95% sure that all of these softwares just have a few odd settings that don't do anything on XP, and nothing more. I do of course agree though, that no one in their right mind should be using XP in 2013.
    XP has a lot of problems regarding compatibility that can't be fixed by some little tweaks. In some cases, you'll have to use another splitter, or even another renderer, and we all know that people using codec packs usually don't know how to do that alone. So I can already see people coming here and giving us bullshit that the pack doesn't work, and their VLC used to work much better than anything else. If we just drop the official support for XP, we can not only make the work easier for seid but also for everyone who don't want to waste their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakka View Post
    Tell me if it help you ^^
    We already tried that, but thanks anyway.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

I would prefer it if the changelog was arranged so that the most recent change is on top.
    That way you see the latest information without having to scroll over an ever growing list of ancient stuff.
    It might also be appropriate to put it in a spoiler or something comparable.

Uses mpc-hc lite/few reg/settings changes
    I am probably gonna build another 0.5.0.7 after I read through the thread and note/make any changes, I'm traveling atm.

http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/KCP-0.5.0.7-test.exe

CRC32: d9082395
    MD5: 0ab90f97ecad5d1f0a470097511642d7

thanks..works well..5.0.7 mpc no lp pack No languages :

Quote Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
    thanks..works well..5.0.7 mpc no lp pack No languages :
    the lite version I extracted from http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/mpc-hc/lite/ does not come with optional languages (????)
    I'll see what can be done when I wake up in 8-10 hours, for now u can just stick to 0.5.0.6

Members who have read this thread: 13