Sorry for taking so long, had some things to take care of.
Let's start with Farfie...
Don't complicate things man. If the downmixing didn't work with LAV, it's not going to work with Audio Switcher either. Unless there was something in the pack preventing it from doing so.
CPU-Z and show me a "Graphics" tab screenshot, and the CPU you're using as well. If your laptop is weak enough, the shutdown must have been caused by the DAT (system protection, Windows bullshit). Though I don't know if that was available in Windows XP. Oh dear Windows XP. And do what seid said (no pun intended), it might work out.
Now back to what seid posted regarding the app settings.
1. Settings should have a friendly interface, drop the tabs. Make a unique window. For example, instead of having LAV Audio/Video/Splitter tabs, remove them and make a button where you open the actual window configuration of each one.
2. That also applies to madVR. As Farfie pointed out some of the issues, "Change!" should be moved to give the feeling everything will well, change. I would still prefer "Apply". Though I agree it makes less kawaii.
3. Still in madVR, please drop the "tier" thing. I made out of nowhere, let's use "Preset", it's less beta.
4. Still in madVR again, drop out the instructions, people know that it's the settings window, they don't need to know "Change!" will change something, it doesn't make sense.
5. Take out the "Custom" and put it at the right side of the Presets, it will take less space and make it more organized together with a main window.
6. Include a button to open Haali main window too.
7. Make sure to give us options to select the icons we want in the system tray as well options in the KCP pack to determine if we want or not Desktop/Menu shortcuts.
8. Regarding the MPC-HC tab, making it shorter with only the more common formats it's better. If people really want to associate it with more non popular formats, there's the actual MPC-HC window for that.
9. Also with MPC-HC again, I still recommend the use of MPC-HC lite. It will prevent any problems with internal filters and it's more neat.
Take a look at CCCP LAMM configuration window, it's not kawaii, but it's functional, and I should at least give them credit for that. Sorry if I seem harsh, it's my job as beta tester.
This is just a heads up, but you guys will want to drop any attempt to make the pack compatible with Windows XP. It's a fucking 11 year old system, and there isn't any reason to use it.