Page 3 of 314 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Kado View Post
    I've dumped haali a long time now... I've been using the same sw on kcp (exept haali) and ffdshow (for winamp dsp support, audio channels upmixing and to add audio delay for the inputlag on my tv).

I would go for always the latest builds of the software like betas and stuff.

Cheers
    sorry, just to clarify you are now using mpc internal splitter?

Quote Originally Posted by seidweise View Post
    sorry, just to clarify you are now using mpc internal splitter?
    I'm using lav splitter. I also use madflac for flac audio (imouto tutorial).
    Last edited by Kado; 12-19-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: imouto suff
    In the school, the three guys met. Their relation had been changed in the season, and turned into three love stories.

Just curious, why doesn't anyone use AC-3 filter for audio? I've been using it for the past few months and it seems to have every feature I could want so far without issues.

AC-3 filter is for AC-3 and DTS decoding, it can also do some post processing, so you're possibly using mpc's internal decoders as well.
    In the school, the three guys met. Their relation had been changed in the season, and turned into three love stories.

allrightyy LAV filter + Haali included by default
    + option to choose to enable LAV or Haali in MPC (haali as the default???)
    I'm still waiting for LAV Splitter to be included as well~

I got another suggestion to not force madVR on people so making it removable in a custom install. I'm not sure if it should be installed by default. Need help to brainstorm multiple install presets (besides default and custom) and what to include with them?
    Max quality would be my priority at least. I would tweak madVR for best quality and performance.

High-tier: Jinc 4 taps, AR enabled for upscaling and Spline 4 taps, linear enabled for downscaling.
    Mid-tier: Lanczos 3 taps, AR enabled for upscaling and Spline 3 taps, linear enabled for downscaling.
    Low-tier: Bilinear for upscaling and Spline 3 taps, linear disabled for downscaling.

I've tested various combinations and the most appropriate would be the ones mentioned. Of course, tastes aside.

Some suggestions to the next 0.x build:

1. Make LAV Splitter optional so it can be installed together with Haali. (Haali being default splitter for .mkv and LAV for everything else (yes, I'm going to bother you guys until you do it.))
    2. Make everything optional in the "Custom" Preset.
    3. Change the "lav" name folder to "LAV Filters" for consistency. It's just a heads up.
    4. In MPC-HC, there's no need to put "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" anymore. xy-VSFilter will load itself alone when needed as long "Auto-load subtitles" is not enabled.
    5. Is it really safe to leave the Source filters enabled there?

Dunno if this is a bug or something you guys did on purpose, but I can't deselect icon library in the installation. Not everyone likes them.

Btw, can someone give me some sort of explanation in what "File Source (Avsync.)" could be useful aside from providing additional info to the splitter?
    Last edited by Niyawa; 12-19-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Added a bug (?) report and more suggestions.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

@Niyawa

Nice sugestions.

All mpc-hc internal filters should be disabled so that the lav (etc) are used.

As for the installer, one of those that display information on the items when you hover with the mouse on the installable stuff would be nice.
    As for lav splitter, an option in the installer like "enable ordered chapters support" would install both haali (mkv support only) and lav splitter but disable lav's mkv support otherwise it would just install lav with all supported containers enabled.
    The tiers stuff should be a sub selection after the components selection (actually the low tier should just use evr cp, but it does not support 10bit right?)

Anyway Jinc really taxes the gpu, my gpu (gtx470) playing a 10bit 1080p24 video is fully loaded at stock speeds (608mhz core speed), using 882mhz core speed gives a 80% gpu load (8tap jinc chroma upscale and arf) and 3tap jinc chroma upscale gives a 20% gpu load.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Kado; 12-19-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: internal filters stuff

As for the installer, one of those that display information on the items when you hover with the mouse on the installable stuff would be nice.
    +1 for this.

As for lav splitter, an option in the installer like "enable ordered chapters support" would install both haali (mkv support only) and lav splitter but disable lav's mkv support otherwise it would just install lav with all supported containers enabled. The tiers stuff should be a sub selection after the components selection (actually the low tier should just use evr cp, but it does not support 10bit right?)
    I don't believe there's a need for EVR-CP. If you set everything in madVR with bilinear, you should be able to play basically everything (including 10-bit, exception of 1080p) without problems. I did test it here using only 1.20 GHz of my dual core. And I have Intel HD shit.

Unless people try to play HD videos with an Atom, which I believe it's a joke.

Anyway Jinc really taxes the gpu, my gpu (gtx470) playing a 10bit 1080p24 video is fully loaded at stock speeds (608mhz core speed), using 882mhz core speed gives a 80% gpu load (8tap jinc chroma upscale and arf) and 3tap jinc chroma upscale gives a 20% gpu load.
    I'm yet to see any difference in quality by setting chroma upsampling in Lanczos/Jinc or anything else. Default setting is the most appropriate IMO.

Unrelated but, please mod, make a optional standard style of this forum available without the little snow. My browser must have crashed 2-3 times already. I can't spent more than 10 minutes in the same tab because of it.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

@Niwya
    swaps4 has a hardcore boner for the snow during the holidays

everything above noted, gonna make a new version later (still trying to wake up my sleep scheduled is fucked)
    if were gonna shave off the internal filters we can use a liter version of mpc later on

Quote Originally Posted by Niyawa View Post
    I'm still waiting for LAV Splitter to be included as well~
    1. Make LAV Splitter optional so it can be installed together with Haali. (Haali being default splitter for .mkv and LAV for everything else (yes, I'm going to bother you guys until you do it.))
    2. Make everything optional in the "Custom" Preset.
    3. Change the "lav" name folder to "LAV Filters" for consistency. It's just a heads up.
    4. In MPC-HC, there's no need to put "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" anymore. xy-VSFilter will load itself alone when needed as long "Auto-load subtitles" is not enabled.
    5. Is it really safe to leave the Source filters enabled there?

Dunno if this is a bug or something you guys did on purpose, but I can't deselect icon library in the installation. Not everyone likes them.
    Icon lib optional again and fixed its file association icon for mkv
    ->use default mpc icon atm for mkv files
    ->if icon pack installed then use icon from icon lib

This same concept will be applied to other files types (other file types will be associated at a later time its just grunt registry work atm + decision of what files types to associate will be made later)

In regards to:

1. Done + works for me (testing atm in my vm)
    2. Everything optional, other preset besides optional/default to come in the future
    3. Done and I agree just lazyness on my part atm
    4. Removed + AutoLoad checked (or unchecked) based on user preference
    5. Nope it isnt lol + removed and since no more source filters it would prob be wise to use a lighter version of mpc later on (or maybe enable source filters if certain components are not checked?)

In regards to file source av sync:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx
    + check out the filter in graph edit/graph studio to see what its pin(s) do

done + putting on to do list

testing new build atm gonna edit this post in 30min to an hour with new version

EDIT:
    just jotting down some things that need to be done/ideas
    make sure to remove ALL reg entries for all things on uninstall
    madVR setting fix push aside atm but needs to be done
    thinking about making the beta build of mpc an optional downloadable component
    menu about optional shortcuts, make shortcuts win8 start screen friendly
    Coding some optional tools specific to this pack that are noob friendly
    Give installer its own icons/make more kawaii

EDIT:

http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/KCP-0.4.exe (aw fuck me i left an important thing commented reuploading this in 10-15 min as 0.5)
    CRC32: ab55571b

so far lav + haali looks good

tested a custom setup and deselecting lav video + haali, video decoder defauts to msft dtv-dvd decoder since source filters disabled ew prob need to make some options on what to do if not selected

0.5 - nothing new just fixed the installer a bit

http://haruhichan.com/projects/KCP/KCP-0.5.exe CRC32: b0bf607c

Members who have read this thread: 17