Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314
Results 3,131 to 3,137 of 3137

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

How do I know if xy-VSFilter is working and installed properly? Also how do I increase subtitle size.

It sadly has been about 3 years since KCP has been updated.For people like me that have been checking KCP for a long time, and it feels that either it is abandoned or it might take a while before it updates again, I can suggest to to try K-Lite Mega Coded Pack. I say the Mega variant, to get xy-VSFilter, since other variants do not have it. The only thing K-Lite does not have is XySubFilter, because since it has not been developed after reaching beta 3 on 2015, they removed it from the pack. For whoever really cares for it, you can just grab it from their site and install it manually.

You can then just install separately MPC-BE and finally use it's latest AND 64bit version (since even if you updated the parts of KCP manually, updating MPC-BE be it to a newer version or 64bit would break it's functionality) with everything updated.

Remember that when you open your player, to go to "Video" and set Video rendered to madVR

As for the madVR settings, that it was another awesome part of KCP to be able to switch between qualities, you can use the really helpful Reference shared on the first post, and use the madVR settings that for people that would not know where to find, K-Lite has placed them inside a folder called "Configuration", found in Start Menu Shortcuts of K-Lite. in the madVR configuration, the three options you need to change can be found under "Scaling Algorithms".

Quote Originally Posted by Swaps4 View Post
    Reference

madVR scaling algorithms:
    The following settings have been approved by madshi (creator of madVR).
    The settings corresponding to "Low Tier" correlate to what madshi configures in a default madVR install.
    During KCP installation, the Mid-tier option is selected as the default option unless the user specifies another tier.
    None of these tiers have yet to be associated with any hardware specs officially. User feedback is greatly appreciated as always.

*credit to Niyawa

AR = Anti-ringing, LL = Linear Light
    The only setting that might confuse some users (like me) is the Catmull-Rom, wondering where that is in the Image Downscaling options. It is under Cubic and it is actually Bicubic 50.

Really miss the simple KCP and hope an updated version of it will eventually arise. Thank you for it and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    It sadly has been about 3 years since KCP has been updated.For people like me that have been checking KCP for a long time, and it feels that either it is abandoned or it might take a while before it updates again, I can suggest to to try K-Lite Mega Coded Pack. I say the Mega variant, to get xy-VSFilter, since other variants do not have it. The only thing K-Lite does not have is XySubFilter, because since it has not been developed after reaching beta 3 on 2015, they removed it from the pack. For whoever really cares for it, you can just grab it from their site and install it manually.

You can then just install separately MPC-BE and finally use it's latest AND 64bit version (since even if you updated the parts of KCP manually, updating MPC-BE be it to a newer version or 64bit would break it's functionality) with everything updated.

Remember that when you open your player, to go to "Video" and set Video rendered to madVR

As for the madVR settings, that it was another awesome part of KCP to be able to switch between qualities, you can use the really helpful Reference shared on the first post, and use the madVR settings that for people that would not know where to find, K-Lite has placed them inside a folder called "Configuration", found in Start Menu Shortcuts of K-Lite. in the madVR configuration, the three options you need to change can be found under "Scaling Algorithms".

The only setting that might confuse some users (like me) is the Catmull-Rom, wondering where that is in the Image Downscaling options. It is under Cubic and it is actually Bicubic 50.

Really miss the simple KCP and hope an updated version of it will eventually arise. Thank you for it and best wishes.
    I followed the madVR reference table but I'm unable to add a "3 taps" option in the chroma and image upscaling sections.. Also, what do I set the anti-ringing filter to? Relaxed or strict (soft)?

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    Really miss the simple KCP and hope an updated version of it will eventually arise.
    Me too. But is there any reason to update? I am using version from year 2014 now, 0.5.8.1.
    Still sad to see forum overrun with spammers.

LAV Filters Megamix – Download the 64-bit version or 32-bit version. Compile time: 21 July 2017 5:22am UTC+8. Build: 374a2d49945. Changes: New LAV Filters build.

Contains MPC-HC (and PotPlayer + MPDN), LAV Filters, madVR, Reclock (only in 32-bit installer), AssFilterMod, XySubFilter (disabled by default) and xy-vsfilter (disabled by default). doom9 thread for LAV Filters. doom9 thread for madVR, doom9 thread for XySubFilter + xy-vsfilter, doom9 thread for AssFilterMod. 64-bit version is vastly recommended. Use the 32-bit version only if you need Reclock or have 32-bit Windows.

https://imouto.my/tutorials/watching...uda/#checklist
    Last edited by capmax; Yesterday at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capmax View Post
    LAV Filters Megamix – Download the 64-bit version or 32-bit version. Compile time: 21 May 2017 9:55pm UTC+8. Build: cdc55300d4. Changes: New madVR build.

Contains MPC-HC (and PotPlayer + MPDN), LAV Filters, madVR, Reclock (only in 32-bit installer), AssFilterMod, XySubFilter (disabled by default) and xy-vsfilter (disabled by default). doom9 thread for LAV Filters. doom9 thread for madVR, doom9 thread for XySubFilter + xy-vsfilter, doom9 thread for AssFilterMod. 64-bit version is vastly recommended. Use the 32-bit version only if you need Reclock or have 32-bit Windows.

https://imouto.my/tutorials/watching...uda/#checklist
    Thanks for the input, I'll try it out.

Hey guys, i've been using kcp for years and today i read some news and i wondered how well protected subs actually are.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/294985

How are they loaded in and do they check for example for binary code converted inside the file?

Ps: i kinda found that mpc isn't affected by this, but still i want to make sure.
    https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/6169
    Last edited by Ibil; 05-27-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 25