Page 51 of 314 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

For some reason, screenshots don't always work anymore for me. Some are just black. Here's an example: http://puu.sh/2i4g6 http://puu.sh/2i4g9
    As you can see from the filenames, this happens within a short time period while playing the same file. It's really annoying because sometimes I open my screenshot folder after watching an episode to see that there are no screencaps.
    The problem occurs with 0.5.1.4 and 0.5.1.6 both. Disabling hardware acceleration makes no difference.

I disabled smooth motion to check if that fixes it, but due to the somewhat random nature of the problem I can't really tell if that helped right now. Did anyone have a similar problem?
    I really have no idea what could cause this. It's not a problem with a certain kind of file.
    I use the highest settings and have a Phenom 2 X4 955 and a GTX560Ti 448.

I cant seem to get the "CUVID Hardware/GPU Deinterlacing" to work.

I set it to "Enable Adaptive HW Deinterlacing" and set it to the "50p/60p (Video)" option as well as enabled "high-Quality Processing".

I'm running a Nvidia 670 so i know it is not a horsepower issue.
    I more want to just see if the video playback is smoother since it ups the videos to 60fps.

Anyone know how to get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by Luga View Post
    I use the highest settings and have a Phenom 2 X4 955 and a GTX560Ti 448.
    Hm, are you using Overlay by any chance? Some people can take screenshots with it (dunno how) but sometimes that happens. If not, it could be a madVR or MPC-HC bug/issue. I'll look more into it and see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
    Anyone know how to get this working?
    If you are playing a 10-bit file it's not going to work, since any sort of hardware acceleration only supports 8-bit. If you're playing something else, then I can't really help since I've never used CUVID more less for deinterlacing. I'll see what I can do.
    madVR scaling algorithms chart - based on performance x quality
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyawa View Post
    Hm, are you using Overlay by any chance? Some people can take screenshots with it (dunno how) but sometimes that happens. If not, it could be a madVR or MPC-HC bug/issue. I'll look more into it and see what I can do.
    I'm not sure what that is.
    My madVR settings are as the installer sets them, I only changed a few inconsequential things in the MPC settings (like disabling OSD and history and setting the process priority to above normal).

My madVR settings are as the installer sets them, I only changed a few inconsequential things in the MPC settings (like disabling OSD and history and setting the process priority to above normal).
    I see. So it's a generic problem. Hm... I'll be frank with you: I have no idea what could cause that aside from overlay (option which locks the GPU to deal only with the playback of the player). I've asked for help in the madVR thread but no one replied yet, so keep that in mind since it might be a madVR bug. If it is, we can fill a report in madVR bug tracker and let madshi look into it later. Have you tried with other players and see if it only happens with MPC-HC or not?
    Specs, KCP version and a detailed report of the issue you're dealing with is necessary when asking for support. Anything not relevant to KCP will be ignored.

Luga try switching off overlay, it is under rendering> general settings in madvr settings. Make sure "enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer)" is not ticked.

If that does not work, it seems to be a bug as someone stated: "No idea if this is what the people above are experiencing, but screenshots taken by MPC-HC's screenshot function will come out blank if smooth motion is active and the video is unscaled. Someone filed a bug about that a few weeks ago."
    Last edited by magus; 03-15-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks, magus, that bug is what caused it.
    I disabled smooth motion for the time being. I hope it gets fixed with the next version.

Also, it seems "enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer)" is not ticked by default in KCP.

Also, it seems "enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer)" is not ticked by default in KCP.
    Of course it's not. That's why I asked you if you were using overlay or not but you didn't even know what it was about so I quickly changed the cards. Smooth motion was the evil deed huh? That thing is definitely not safe now.

Coalgirls FAQ tells people to use KCP if they want vs-filter but also calls madvr scaling methods "obscure" for some reason. Any idea why they recommend SMplayer. Has anyone used it before and if so what are your thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Coalgirls FAQ tells people to use KCP if they want vs-filter but also calls madvr scaling methods "obscure" for some reason. Any idea why they recommend SMplayer. Has anyone used it before and if so what are your thoughts on it.
    Obscure as in not well understood, but its well discussed on doom9 + Niyawa made his chart to make a general guideline
    and smplayer for mainly for linux

Members who have read this thread: 25