Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New website design coming, need suggestions

Default New website design coming, need suggestions

The goal of the new version would be to increase emphasis on community activity and to allow users to customize their experience as much as possible.

[Confirmed]:

• Account system using vBulletin as the core
    • Custom user RSS feeds (feeding torrent links, or anime page links)
    • Emphasis for the front page will be torrents and torrents, also torrents. Blog will come second and will be moved to the side-bar.
    • Completely new system for themes (the site will be totally redesigned, again)
    • Themes will be saved in your user control panel, not with cookies any longer (that was a bad plan seriously)
    • Redesign of the anime search page for ease of use, make it less confusing
    • Absolutely no more links to blog posts in torrent feeds or anime pages (Such as Mazui, Doki or UTW blog posts containing torrents)
    • Additional support for older series, batches and so on.
    • [Feb 05] Rather than spam our main twitter and facebook accounts, we will have each anime reporting to it's own facebook or twitter page to cut down on spam which prevents new followers.
    • [Feb 05] Our main twitter and facebook feeds will have 4-6 hour updates rather than immediate dumps
    • [May 27] Site-wide announcements

[Deciding]:
    • Voting for favorite anime of the season (For logged in users)
    • Voting for favorite sub group for a specific show (For logged in users, the top voted would be marked as 'good', like nyaa's system for marking torrents as 'good' or 'bad', we will instead go by popular user vote)
    • Custom anime charts using javascript and HTML, with options to show what you're planning to pick up or not.
    • Subscribing to shows before they air using the improved anime chart system mentioned above.
    • Possibility for user pages indicating what you've picked up, favorited, perhaps some other personal social bullshit like MAL links, website links, avatar and so on (which would all be optional, obviously)
    • The front page will contain shows airing today, and there will be visual indication if the episode has dropped or not
    • Might, MAYBE, PERHAPS add a section for Japanese dramas/live action shows and movies.
    • PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TIER: Manga.
    • Maybe when I have spare time tier: Mobile version of the website. (Although an android app is already in development anyway)

[Rejected]:
    Nothing yet

Redesign of the anime search page for ease of use, make it less confusing

hurr what kind of ra-tarrd finds it hard lmfao

Absolutely no more links to blog posts in torrent feeds or anime pages (Such as Mazui, Doki or UTW blog posts containing torrents)
    Voting for favorite sub group for a specific show (For logged in users, the top voted would be marked as 'good', like nyaa's system for marking torrents as 'good' or 'bad', we will instead go by popular user vote)
    The front page will contain shows airing today, and there will be visual indication if the episode has dropped or not
    very good

I'd also like the "torrent" system to be done away with in favor of an "episode" system, with torrents, xdcc, ddls, streams and magnets tied to it. Then rather than "New" showing the newest torrents for each filter, it will show the newest files for each episode. Well, I'm just thinking out loud, but that'd be ideal.

Staff

kawaii-penis theme or bust

Additional support for older series, batches and so on.
    Probably the best and most important note for myself on a personal level. It's so fucking annoying crawling through sites to see who has what archived and linked and so on. Would probably work wonders for keeping users coming to haruhi as the one-stop.

One thing I'd love to see is stricter organization of how episode x information is listed and sorted on an animes' page. Nothing says annoying like watching a lesser popular anime and getting lost in the new releases when some group only just put up last weeks episode the same day another group hit it up with the new one. Perhaps a table system(when applicable) of Complete - for full season/show packs, Current - current or at the very least last episode subbed episode, similar to how it is now, but strictly so and not by date of entry and finally the rest all filtered by date below. If it's at the very least possible but there is concern that it is more effort than you guys would want to put in I know I'd help sort it(OCD as fuck) and I'm sure others would.

I'm not really all that useful when it comes to anime communities so that's it from my perspective.
    Last edited by snukz; 02-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Add DDL's along with the torrents, you can probably get some automated system for it.
    Make a archive for completed stuff (you don't have to add stuff from 2006 and etc, you can just move the completed stuff into that section, so stuff from like past season etc). From what I see the main page only shows the on-going shows.
    To make it easier on people, the recent torrent's tab should just be a 1 click download, it'll make peoples lives more easier. If you want them to be redirected to the post page itself you can add a little button/link next to it that will bring them to where it brings them currently.

>Hiding the sporadically updated blog.

If you wouldn't mind putting up a Hinata Bg for the site. So I can tease myself while looking at it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuDao View Post
    Add DDL's along with the torrents, you can probably get some automated system for it.
    Make a archive for completed stuff (you don't have to add stuff from 2006 and etc, you can just move the completed stuff into that section, so stuff from like past season etc). From what I see the main page only shows the on-going shows.
    To make it easier on people, the recent torrent's tab should just be a 1 click download, it'll make peoples lives more easier. If you want them to be redirected to the post page itself you can add a little button/link next to it that will bring them to where it brings them currently.
    We have DDLs and other types of download methods semi-planned... I don't think automating them is going to happen though. It's a bunch of work and bandwidth. It would be better if it was user-contributed, like other sites.
    I agree with the one click download thing but it'll be troublesome with the multi-download system we have planned, bunch of buttons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin-kun View Post
    >Hiding the sporadically updated blog.
    It wouldn't be hidden, it'd just take up less space. The new theme will be a little bigger than the current so it'll work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    If you wouldn't mind putting up a Hinata Bg for the site. So I can tease myself while looking at it all day.
    Lewd

Hentai repository

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    Hentai repository
    +1 to that

Members who have read this thread: 1