Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New website design coming, need suggestions

Idea: Make it so people who double post, Their post automatically join together? I've seen this on a few other sites and works quite well. Would cut back spam and whatnot.
    Idea 2: Make it so you can see who is viewing "that" topic. So on this it would say at the bottom, "Swaps4, Josh, Manta are currently viewing this topic".
    Idea3: Someone said it, Add Hentai also, Make it to where only certain age limit is allowed to view that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Manta View Post
    My main problem with the site, though, is that I don't see myself using it, at the state it is now. I don't think I CAN actually use it. This is because I do not watch subbed anime, I watch them raw. Adding raw anime to the site would probably be my biggest wish.
    Are you japanese who learned english, or the other way around, and if so, how did you learn Japanese?
    Last edited by Josh; 02-14-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Are you japanese who learned english, or the other way around, and if so, how did you learn Japanese?
    I'm English, who learned Japanese. I learned Japanese through Japanese media, and also through translating them.
    tl;dr watch moar animu

- categorize torrents by different attributes such as resolution and sub-group when possible for each anime
    - provide registered users the ability to receive email updates containing torrent/magnet URLs for personalized combinations of above attributes; provides options for instant notification or daily/weekly aggregation

Please no hentai.
    Keep it clean.
    We can go other places for that kind of stuff.

Staff

The thing with the calendar, and release times is the precision. Right now, we have the IRC release calendar setup so that when you type !air, it tells you what's airing today (as in, what aired yesterday and is being released today).
    If there's a release timer on the anime list, I think it would give people the wrong impression.

Make haruhichan a better version of nyaa and you'll get way more traffic.
    ლ(╹ڡ╹ლ)

Weeaboo leader or something Swaps4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PolynAzn View Post
    Make haruhichan a better version of nyaa and you'll get way more traffic.
    Care to go into detail of what you mean? What's wrong with the current concept of Haruhichan and how it works?

[1:36:38 AM] Swaps4: as in, give suggestions
    [1:38:02 AM] 7se7: Uh, um, ah, um
    [1:38:14 AM] 7se7: Custom RSS feeds with all shows I want to watch in ONE feed
    [1:38:34 AM] 7se7: Creation of such a feed with a checklist of current airing shows
    [1:38:57 AM] 7se7: and each show is like a tree with sub groups being stems

Weeaboo leader or something Swaps4's Avatar

Larger slideshow so I can use much more appealing images for new shows/on-going shows.

Front page will still have the blog feed since everyone enjoys reading it, just it won't take up the whole space. As s0beit stated in the first post, the main page will be more torrent/releases orientated. Maybe we can add a small icon next to each release for quick torrent download/XDCC search.

I would like an area where I can have site-wide announcements. Would be a cool yet useful feature.

Each anime page can get quite messy (depending how many groups are subbing x show etc), so I would like to have a custom search bar on each anime page. You can search by episode #, CRC, whatever you want really. Then you'll have tick boxes so you can filter by Subgroup, Resolution, Hi10P/10bit/8bit, Batch etc. Will make it much more easier on the user.

Will edit this when I come up with more suggestions, just throwing what's on my mind out there to try and spark some ideas from others.

Members who have read this thread: 1