More Kantai Collection Anime Character Designs Released
The official website of the Kantai Collection anime adaptation has revealed more characters that will be appearing in Kantai Collection: Kan Colle. The series itself will be airing in January. during the upcoming Winter 2015 anime season.
11 new characters/ships were announced to appear on the anime, bringing the total to 17 confirmed characters. Despite this no new cast members have been announced for the new characters. The first character designs for the newly announced characters were also released. The newly announced characters include:
- Kuchikukan Mutsuki
- Kuchikukan Yuudachi
- Kuchikukan Akatsuki
- Kuchikukan Hibiki
- Kuchikukan Ikatsuchi
- Kuchikukan Inazuma
- Kei Junyokan Sendai
- Kei Junyokan Jintsu
- Kei Junyokan Naka
- Senkan Nagato
- Senkan Mutsu
Only three cast members have been revealed so far:
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Kuchikukan Fubuki
I am Fubuki, the first ship of world amazing special type destroyers that were beyond existing ship classification, designed under regulations of Washington Naval Treaty. Based on our design, a lot of following fleet type destroyers were built. Yes sir, I’ll do my best!
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) is voicing Kuubo Akagi
Akagi has long brown hair, which she leaves straight. She is typically seen wearing a chest protector (muneate) over white and red clothes along with a bow and arrow. Usually depicted as a foil to Kaga. Sometimes, she is depicted eating something (usually rice or bauxite).
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Kuubo Kaga
Kaga has long brown hair, usually done in a side ponytail. She is typically seen wearing a muneate over white and blue clothes along with a bow and arrow. Usually depicted as constantly serious.
Kaga is portrayed as emotionless and serious, to contrast with Akagi’s playful “spoiled brat” persona.
The other previously revealed characters include:
- Kuchikukan Shimakaze
“I’m Destroyer Shimakaze. I won’t lose to anyone in speed. Swiftly like the island breeze. ” – Shimakaze
“I am Shimakaze, the Shimakaze-class ship that was developed as the pinnacle of destroyers, fast and armed with heavy torpedos. After all, I can go faster than 40 knots. However, we were not suited for mass production so I was the only one built.” – Shimakaze
Shimakaze has long blonde hair and a flat chest. She is typically seen wearing an outfit with a sailor collar & striped thighhighs. She is often accompanied by Rensouhou-chan, familiar-like turrets which originated from Shimakaze’s three twin 12.7 cm/50 naval gun turrets.
- Choudokyuu Senkan Kongou
“Burning… Love!” – Kongou
“The super-dreadnought fitted with Western technology at Vickers in England, Kongou has arrived! Even in the Pacific Theatre, I’ll use the power of my speed to be of great use! Look forward to it!” -Kongou
Kongou has long brown hair tied into buns on either side of her head. She and her sister ships are typically seen wearing a modified shrine maiden outfit with thigh high boots. Since she was built in England and shipped to Japan, she tends to speak in broken English and loves drinking tea. She is very affectionate towards the admiral and is always trying to win his heart.
- Senkan Yamato
1st of the Yamato-class battleships, Yamato.
The armada’s trump card, I was made in utmost secrecy at the Kure Naval Yard. With the most up-to-date and sophisticated technology concentrated in my body, along with the 2nd ship, Musashi, I will do my best as the centre of the combined fleet!
The anime’s production staff were also revealed:
- Planning: Takeshi Yasuda (Steins Gate Movie, Strike Witches The Movie, Tokyo ESP)
- Story concept: Kensuke Tanaka
- Producer: Shinichiro Inoue (Another)
- Character Designer & Chief Animation Director: Naomi Ide (Akuma no Riddle, Gingitsune, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?), Mayuko Matsumoto (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Astarotte no Omocha!, Senhime Zesshou Symphogear)
- Character Designs assistance: Yoshinori Shizuma, Shibafu, Konishi
- Mechanical Design: Tsutomu Miyazawa (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I, Zone of the Enders: Idolo) , Kōta Morishi
- Creature Design: Tsubasa Shimizu
- Effects Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Art Director: Maho Takahashi (Amagami SS/Amagami SS+ Plus, Nobunagun, Seto no Hanayome)
- Color Design: Shuji Kameimura
- CG Director: Eiji Inomoto (Accel World, Black Lagoon, Infinite Stratos)
- CG Modeling Director: Hideki Kawabata
- CG Production: Orange
- Director of Photography: Yasuyuki Itou (Black Rock Shooter (TV), NouCome, Akuma no Riddle)
- Editing: Yuuji Oka (Campione!, Fairy Tail, Grenadier)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu / Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Kokoro Connect)
- Sound Production: Glovision (Another, Blood-C, Date A Live)
- Music: Kameoka Natsumi (Inazuma Eleven Go vs Danball Senki W Movie, Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stone)
- Music Production: Flying Dog (Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha., Date A Live, Space Dandy)
Kantai Collection: Kan Colle is an anime adaptation of the popular online, card browser game Kantai Collection. The game launched in April last year and currently has more than 1.7 million players. The game centers around naval card battles, where naval ships are represented by “Fleet Girls”. The battles are automated for the most part, where the main meat of the game being the strategy, card collecting and grinding. The game is very popular, with a slew of merchandising being released after the game’s release; from table top games to manga, and light novels to this anime adaptation. A PlayStation Vita title is currently in production.
TV adaptation of the online browser card battle game.
Source – Kantai Collection: Kan Colle Website
Latest posts by Frontalspy (see all)
- Musaigen no Phantom World Anime Episode Count Revealed - December 30, 2015
- New D.Gray-Man TV Anime Will Be a Continuation - December 27, 2015
- Noragami Aragoto OST Recalled Due to Use of Sounds Relating to Islam - December 5, 2015