Video: Grisaia no Kajitsu Anime Commercial and Theme Song Aired
A commercial for the anime adaption of Grisaia no Kajitsu was broadcasted by Japanese television station Tokyo MX on Friday. The 15 second commercial features the voices of the 5 female leads and plays the theme song Rakuen no Tsubasa (Wings of Paradise) by Maon Kurosaki (Jormungand ED). Though not featured in the commercial, fripside vocalist Yoshino Nanjou (Love Live! School Idol Project OP and ED) will be singing the ED.
Grisaia no Kajitsu Commercial:
The cast will include:
- Takahiro Sakurai (Makishima Shougo from Psycho Pass) as Yuuji Kazami, the male protagonist. His goal is to live a normal school life and abandon his past. He calls himself “an exchange student from Canada.”
- Ryouko Tanaka (Kurugaya Yuiko from Little Busters!) as Yumiko Sakaki, the academy headmaster’s daughter. She tries to act like a loner and as such, does not get along with the other students. She’s also very blunt and hard to please.
- Hiroko Taguchi (Kasugano Sora from Yosuga no Sora) as Amane Suou, the older sister character. She’s very reliable and admired by many younger than her. She’s also good at cooking and sought after for her beauty.
- Kaori Mizuhashi (Tomoe Mami from Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Michiru Matsushima, a girl who attempts to be a tsundere. Her desire to be a tsundere is so strong that she even dyed her hair blond and forces herself to talk differently. She’s silly yet energetic and tries her best, with varied results.
- Tomoe Tamiyasu (Natsume Rin from Little Busters!) as Makina Irisu, the little sister character. She’s incredibly shy at first, but opens up to people she gets to know more of. Eventually she calls Yuuji “onii-chan!”
- Ai Shimizu (Minami Mikoto from Mai-HIME) as Sachi Komine, the mysterious maid. She follows any command given to her and doesn’t know when a joke is being made.
The anime’s production team are as follows:
- Director: Tanaka Motoki (Kiniro Mosaic)
- Character Designer: Watanabe Akio (Bakemonogatari, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
- Series Composition: Kurata Hideyuki (Tokyo Ravens, Oreimo)
- Music Composer: Elements Garden (Love, Election, and Chocolate)
- Animation Studio: 8-Bit (IS: Infinite Stratos, Tokyo Ravens)
Grisaia no Kajitsu is an anime adaptation based off of the 2011 Japanese visual novel by Front Wing of the same name. The novel features character designs from Akio Watanabe and Fumio (Tomoyo After ~It’s a Wonderful Life~), scenarios written by Nachi Kio, Ryuta Fujisaki, Yoshigazu Kuwashima, and Kazuya, with Elements Garden (Mouretsu Pirates) composing the music. The visual novel won the 2011 Moe Game Awards grand prize, as well as various other awards for its scenario and music. Two sequels followed the release of the original, in 2012 and in 2013. The first novel was ported to the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita last year. Additionally, a manga adaptation began serialization last February.
It follows the story of Yuuji Kazami, a boy with a dark past and a dark demeanor. He enters Mihama Academy trying to become something that he is not. Mihama Academy is a prison-like school, with only five other students. Yuuji is informed that every other student has their own “circumstances” and he need not do anything to interfere or change anyone else. However, Yuuji will soon prove to be the foothold that the other students needed in order to take hold of their own lives and overcome their pasts.
Mihama Academy—on the surface, a closed learning environment established to nurture students who find themselves at odds with the world around them; in actuality, an orchard-cum-prison built to preserve fruit that has fallen too far from its tree.
Whatever the circumstances behind its establishment, Mihama Academy is at present home to five female students, all with their own reasons for “enrollment.” For better or worse, each girl has established a routine obliging of her current situation; life moves at an idle, yet accommodating pace within the walls of Mihama.
Yet with the arrival of the institute’s first male student, the nearly preposterously opaque Kazami Yuuji, the students at Mihama begin to fall out of step with their predetermined rhythms. Will Yuuji prove to be the element the girls around him needed to take hold of their lives once more, or will the weight of their pasts prove too steep a wall to overcome?
And in the first place, just who is Kazami Yuuji? While the true nature of the “job” he is wont to alight to at the most haphazard of moments remains shrouded in secrecy, one thing is for certain—his encroachment upon the quiet orchard known as Mihama Academy will prove itself momentous in one way or another. And of course, one cannot discount the possibility that perhaps Yuuji himself carries the weightiest past of any of the students…
Grisaia no Kajitsu will be airing October 2014 on Tokyo MX.