You thought the Opening animation for Yuri Kuma Arashi was amazing? Be prepared to be blown away by the OP of Absolute Duo, the anime adaptation of Takumi Hiiragiboshi and Yuu Asaba’s light novel series. The animation of the sequence itself is full of well done graphics and fluid animation on top of a action packed theme song, Absolute Soul by Konomi Suzuki. The anime itself is being produced by 8-Bit (Grisaia no Kajitsu), so let’s hope they won’t spend the entire budget already and deviate from the source too much.
Absolute Duo airs every Sunday on AT-X at 10:30pm JST. The second episode of the anime will air on the 11th.
In addition to this, the cast were recently announced and includes:
- Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Lubbock from Akame ga Kill) as Kokonoe Tooru
- Yamamoto Nozomi (Kusunoki Yukimura from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Sigtuna Yurie
- Suwa Ayaka (Azuma Tokaku from Akuma no Riddle) as Tachibana Tomoe
- Imamura Ayaka (Girl from Isshuukan Friends, Female Student from Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji) as Hotaka Miyabi
- Yamazaki Haruka (Kanzaki Tomoyo from Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) as Bristol Lilith
- Tomatsu Haruka (Anjou Naruko from Anohana) as Nagakura Imari
- Tamura Yukari (Takamichi Nanoha from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) as Tsukimi Rito
- Horie Yui (Hanekawa Tsubasa from Bakemonogatari) as Tsukumo Sakuya
- Hanae Natsuki (Kaizuka Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero) as Tora
- Kawahara Yoshihisa (Sasahara Koujirou from Nichijou) as Tatsu
The production cast includes:
- Director by Nakayama Atsushi (Kore wa Zombie desu ka? )
- Series Composition by Kouno Takamitsu (Minami-ke Tadaima)
- Character Designs by Sano Keiichi (Kamisama no Memouchou)
- Animation Director by Tanaka Norie (Magi– The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Produced at 8-Bit (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Absolute Duo is a Japanese light novel series by Takumi Hiiragiboshi with illustrations by Yuu Asaba. Media Factory has published six volumes since 2012 under their MF Bunko J imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Shinichiro Nariie started serialization in Media Factory’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive from April 27, 2013, and has been collected in a single tankobon volume. A second spin-off four-panel comedy manga adaptation titled Absolute Duo Tea Party with art by Tooru Oiwaka will also be serialized in Monthly Comic Alive magazine with the December 2014 issue to be sold on October 27, 2014. An anime television series adaptation by 8-Bit was announced at Media Factory’s 2014 Summer School Festival event.
After losing a loved one, Tooru Kokonoe enrolls at Kouryou Academy so as to gain a “Blaze,” a weapon that is his soul manifestation, for the sake of revenge. He was expecting a weapon… What he got was a shield… How is he to seek revenge with something that isn’t even a weapon?!
Latest posts by Frontalspy (see all)
- Musaigen no Phantom World Anime Episode Count Revealed - December 30, 2015
- New D.Gray-Man TV Anime Will Be a Continuation - December 27, 2015
- Noragami Aragoto OST Recalled Due to Use of Sounds Relating to Islam - December 5, 2015