New Arslan Senki Commercial Introduces Even More Characters
On February 22nd, 2015, the official website for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Tanaka Yoshiki’s fantasy novel series Arslan Senki began streaming a new commercial that revealed the voice actors for two more characters that will play prominent roles in the series. They include Gieve, the Vagrant Troubadour, voiced by KENN (Kanbara Akihito from Kyoukai no Kanata) and Falangies, the Priestess and Emissary to the Spirits, voiced by Sakamoto Maaya (Oshino Shinobu from Nisemonogatari).
- Gieve: You really are a naive prince.
- Text: KENN as Gieve, the Vagrant Troubadour
- Falangies: I am Falangies.
- Text: Sakamoto Maaya as Falangies, the Priestess and Emissary to the Spirits
- Narrator: Arslan Senki
- Falangies: My Lord, I vow to protect you.
The main cast includes:
- Kobayashi Yuusuke (Takamiya Honoka from Witch Craft Works) as Arslan
- Hosoya Yoshimasa (Yamazaki Sousuke from Free! Eternal Summer) as Daryun
- Namikawa Daisuke (Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter) as Narsus
- Hanae Natsuki (Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul) as Elam
The production team includes:
- Original creator: Tanaka Yoshiki
- Manga: Arakawa Hiromu
- Director: Abe Noriyuki (Bleach, YuYu Hakusho)
- Series Composition: Uezu Makoto (Yuki Yuna wa Yuusha de aru, Akame ga Kill)
- Key Animation: Ogiso Shingo (Anohana)
- Character Design: Tazawa Ushio, Watanabe Kazuo
- Action Director: Kimura Satoshi
- Concept Design: Niitsuma Daisuke
- Art Director: Kudo Tadashi
- Background: Studio Pinewood
- Color Key: Shinohara Aiko
- CG Director: Suzuki Daisuke
- Modeling Director: Adachi Hiroshi
- 3DCGI: SANZIGEN Animation Studio
- Director of Photography: Masumoto Yukihiro
- Photography: Graphinica
- Editing: Hasegawa Mai
- Sound Director: Aketagawa Jin
- Sound Effects: Koyama Yasumasa
- Sound: Magic Capsule
- Music: Iwashiro Taro
- Animation Production: LIDEN FILMS and SANZIGEN Animation Studio
- Production: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Production Committee
Arslan Senki or The Heroic Legend of Arslan is a Japanese fantasy novel series written by Tanaka Yoshiki. Tanaka began writing the series in 1986, and the series is still ongoing as of 2008. There are currently 14 novels and one side story published. It was adapted into a manga by Nakamura Chisato in 1991, but the manga caught up to the novels in 1998 and received an original ending. In 2013, it received yet another manga adaptation, this time illustrated by Arakawa Hiromu. The new manga is serialized in the Bessatsu Shounen Magazine. Arslan Senki was also once developed into a short film and a 6 part unfinished OVA (only 4 parts were released).
Betrayed from within and overwhelmed by dark sorcery, the valiant armies of Pars are overrun by the warrior-fanatics of Lusitania. Escaping the destruction of his homeland, the heroic Prince Arslan begins to assemble a group of five, extraordinary allies—a priestess, an exiled warrior, a mischievous minstrel, an insightful artist and his attendant—to aid him in his fight against the Lusitanian invaders. Together, they must build an army and defeat 300,000 trained soldiers—including the mysterious Lord Silver Mask—who has also laid claim to the throne of Pars.
Source: Arslan Senki Official Website
Latest posts by Kaelasage (see all)
- Prince of Stride Game Gets TV Anime - September 8, 2015
- Become Saber for Just over $4000 USD - August 24, 2015
- Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-Bu Love! Second Season Green-Lit - August 9, 2015