Steins;Gate 0 Japanese Release Slated for November 19
It has been revealed in the latest issue of the Famitsu Magazine that the new Steins;Gate sequel, Steins;Gate 0, previously announced by Shikura Chiyomaru, the head of 5pb’s head company Mages, will launch on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita on November 19.
As previously reported, Steins;Gate 0 starts after certain events that took place in the light novel Steins;Gate: Epigraph of the Closed Curve. Famitsu has a look at Epigraph‘s Hiyajou Maho, who will be making an appearance in 0. Steins;Gate 0 will be priced at ¥7,800 ($63) on PS3 and PS4, with the PS Vita version going for ¥6,800 ($55).
Here’s the most recent promotional video for the game:
English subtitled version of the Steins;Gate 0 promotional video:
Steins;Gate 0 will be based on much of the material relating to the story line that was released after the game. These include the three visual novels and the various drama CDs published by 5pb and Nitroplus.
The first images for the new designs of the characters have were revealed earlier:
The production cast for the VN are as follows:
- Planning and Creator: Shikura Chiyomaru (Robotics;Notes, Chaos;Head)
- Producer: Tatsuya Matsubara (Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes Scenario Supervisor)
- Character Design: huke (Steins;Gate, Black★Rock Shooter)
- Scenario Writers: Naotaka Hayashi (Steins;Gate: Soumei Eichi no Cognitive Computing), Yasumoto Toru (Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu), Masashi Takimoto (Steins;Gate: Heiji Kyokusen no Epigraph), Tsuchiya Tsukasa (Last Magica no Dualism)
- Music Composition: AboTakeshi (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head)
Steins;Gate is part of a series of “Scientific Adventure” games that occur in a singular universe, the others beingChaos;Head and Robotics;Notes. The games are a collaboration between developers Nitroplus and 5pb. They play out similarly to modern visual novels but are notably saturated with the usage of the main character’s gaming device, casually known as a trigger. All games focus heavily on scientific methods and theories which are incorporated into the game. The first game in the series was Chaos;Head, which released in 2008 for the PC. The next game, Steins;Gate released in 2009 and the final game was Robotics;Notes in 2012. Steins;Gate originally was released on the Xbox 360 before being ported to the PC, and all current generations, at the time, of consoles in Japan. An anime adaptation of the game was produced in 2011 that was directed by Hiroshi Hamasaki (Terraformars, Blade & Soul) and Takuya Satou (Selector Infected Wixoss,Ichigo Mashimaro) and produced by White Fox (Katanagatari, Jormungand). A sequel film to the anime was produced in 2013 and featured an original story. A sequel light novel titled Steins;Gate The Committee of Antimatter was planned to be released in 2014, but was cancelled within a month of release.
Steins;Gate 0 synopsis:
November 2010, the Beta World Line…
A story that unfolds after Rintarou Okabe returns, having failed to save “her” on July 28th. He had no idea that the system known as “Amadeus” would once again drag him into a world of dark conspiracy.
Yes, “she” is still there.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017
- Megami – February 2017 Posters [Contains NSFW Images] - December 30, 2016
- Nitroplus’ Mascot Wishes You a Merry Christmas 2016 - December 26, 2016