The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has revealed that episode 15 will be delayed and a recap episode (episode 14.5) will be broadcasted instead. Episode 15 will air next week in the same timeslot with a new opening theme “Rising Rainbow” by Misokkasu and a new ending theme “Sacchan no Sexy Curry” performed by Seiko Oomori.
More cast were also revealed on the website:
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer from Fate/Stay night) will voice Akira Hayama
- Saori Goto (Karen Sonomiya from Sky Girls) as Nao Sadasuka
- Asami Seto (Ayaka Kagari from Witch Craft Works) will be voicing Miyoko Houjou
In addition to this, a new visual was also revealed on the website:
The preview video for the 15th episode was released at the end of the recap episode’s broadcast:
The current anime cast are as follows:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero) will voice the role of Takumi Aldini
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami from Kuroko’s Basketball) will join the cast as Isami Aldini
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is going to voice Satoshi Isshiki
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Hisako Arato
- Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
- Akasaki Chinatsu (Shinka Nibutani from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Nakiri Alice
- Okamoto Nobuhiko (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist) will play as Kurokiba Ryou
The staff members of the production crew are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 9 compiled volumes released, with the 10th volume releasing in Japan on November 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
I’m Jake Caprino, who is more commonly known by the online alias Swaps4. I’m a subcontractor based in Japan. I enjoy writing about anime, video games, and bits & pieces of Japanese culture.