Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Has a Surprisingly Good OP/ED
Although deceptively too much like Sword Art Online for its own good, Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan has some elements that make it stand out. The OP – for one – sounds promising at the very least. Though the animation budget appears to be less than stellar, it does try to mesh modern CGI with traditional animation, and it gets the job done. The track “D.O.B.” by Iori Nomizu however sounds fantastic. Have a listen below!
Opting for a more classic looking ED animation, the show manages to save some face with the end of each episode, also including progression shots of character sketches/line art drawings. A nice, humble ED with a melodic tune does the show justice. The track used is “Hallelujah” by la la larks. What do you think of it? Watch it below!
The Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan anime began its broadcast on Thursday, July 9th at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX. The anime will also air on Sun TV at 1:30am JST and on TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting at 2:35am JST. It will then show on the 10th on Chiba TV and TVK at 1:00am JST, on Saitama TV at 1:05am JST, and on the 11th on BS11 at 3:00am JST.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Kanata Age
- Nao Touyama (Kanon Nakagawa in The World God Only Knows) voices Lecty Eisenbach
- Iori Nomizu (Haruna in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) is voicing the role of Rico Flamel
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Misora Whitale
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) will voice Lloyd Allwin
- Saeko Zougou (Chaika Bohdan in Hitsugi no Chaika)is voicing Flonne Flamel
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Yuri Flostre
- Kaori Sadohara (SG550 in Upotte!!) is voicing Chloe Zeveni
The main staff of the anime was also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Takayuki Inagaki (Kiniro Mosaic, Grisaia no Kajitsu)
- Series Composer: Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Rosario + Vampire, Gingitsune)
- Anime Character Designer: Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic!, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Animation Studio: Diomedea (Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
Here is the anime’s main visual:
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan is a Japanese light novel series written by Yuu Moroboshi and illustrated by Yuka Nakajima. Fujimi Shobo has published five volumes since July 2013 under their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Arisu Shidō started serialization in Media Factory’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive from July 26, 2014. An anime adaptation was announced last July.
The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.
Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of “Misutogan.” He was once celebrated as the “Black Master Swordsman,” the elite ace of the S128 special team; however, he is now despised as the “traitor of the special team.” One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered ten consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks.
Latest posts by Hamza "Tomoki" Khattak (see all)
- Japanese Arcades Now Allowing Fans to Literally Worship Their Waifus - August 7, 2015
- Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Has a Surprisingly Good OP/ED - July 15, 2015
- Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki’s OP/ED Are Just as Badass as You Think - July 15, 2015