Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Slated for October 10
The official website of the anime adaptation of Tesuto Uesu and Nekosuke Ookuma’s light novel series Shinmai Maou no Testament (The Testament of Sister New Devil) has revealed that the second season titled Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst will start airing on Tokyo MX on Saturday, October 10th at 1:40am JST. The anime will also air on Chiba TV, tvk and Saitama TV on the 11th at 12:00am JST. The anime will then air on Sun TV an hour and half later at 1:30am JST.
A pre-screening event for the anime’s first episode will be held on Wednesday, September 23rd at 7:30pm JST at Cinema 1 in the Shinjuku Kadokawa Cinema. The main cast will be in attendance with a talk session and a live performance of the Opening theme.
The second promotional video for the recently announced second season previews the opening song “Over the Testament” by Metamorphose featuring Yoko Ishida. The Ending theme song will be Temperature by Dual Flare.
Previous promotional video which was streamed last June:
It was also revealed that the seventh volume of Kashiwa Miyako’s manga adaptation will bundle an original anime Blu-ray Disc on January 26, 2016. The Blu-ray will feature an unaired anime episode. The official Twitter account also posted a still from the new promotional video, teasing that Mio is “covered with a mysterious white liquid.”
In addition to this, new cast was also revealed:
- Genda Tessyo (Raoh from Hokuto no Ken) as Ramsus
- Hibiku Yamamura (Kirara Amanogawa from Go! Princess Precure) as Lukia
- Kikuko Inoue (Stashia from Megami Tengoku) as Liala
The main characters and cast for the first season includes:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice lead character Basara Toujou
- Ayaka Asai (First major role) is voicing lead heroine Mio Naruse
- Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky☆Star) as Maria Naruse
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) voicing the role of Yuki Nonaka
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) voicing as Jin Toujou
- Yuu Asakawa (Rider from Fate/stay night) will be voicing Chisato Hasegawa
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata in Gintama) voices Yahiro Takigawa
- Iori Nomizu (Haruna in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) as Kurumi Nonaka
- Seiko Yoshida (Belphegor from Umineko no Naku Koro ni) playing as Zest
The anime’s first season production crew consists of:
- Director: Hisashi Saito (Sora no Otoshimono, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Script Writer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Elfen Lied)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiro Watanabe (Sora no Otoshimono, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Chief Animation Director: Hong Shen (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
- Art Director: Ryouka Kinoshita (Tokyo ESP, Working’!!)
- Sound Director: Tsuyoshi Takahashi (Sora no Otoshimono, Zero no Tsukaima)
- Music Composer: Yasuharu Takanashi (Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden)
- Animation Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live II, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
Shinmai Maou no Testament is a Japanese light novel series by Tetsuto Uesu with illustrations by Nekosuke Ookuma. Seven volumes have been published by Kadokawa Shoten since 2012 under their Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation has been serialized in Kadokawa Shoten’s Shonen Ace magazine since May 2013. A second manga adaptation has been serialized in Hakusensha’s Young Animal Arashi magazine since February 2014. An anime adaptation started airing in January 2015.
“Hey, you said you wanted a little sister, right?” First year highschool student, Toujo Basara, was suddenly asked by his father and fell into a state of panic. On top of that, the eccentric father told him he will be getting remarried.
He then departed overseas after bringing Basara two beautiful step-sisters. But Mio and Maria’s true forms are actually the newbie Demon Lord and a succubus!? Basara was almost entered into a master and servant contract with Mio, but a “reversed” contract was formed by mistake, and Basara is now the master!? Moreover, Basara is being hit by one ecchi situation after another due to the contract, but Mio’s life is being pursued by other demon tribes and hero tribes! The most powerful contractor’s desire action drama begins!
The second season of the Shinmai Maou no Testament anime, titled Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST, will air on Saturday, October 10th at 1:40am JST on Tokyo MX. during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will soon follow
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017