Charapedia asked 10,000 anime fans the question: Which anime characters are the most miserable and gloomy? And from thousands of fans, most of the responses are from the male fans (67.4%), female fans (32.6%) and teens to their 20s (72.1%) while the other 27.9% are 30 and over.

Here are the results:

20. Nagisa Furiuawa (Clannad)

19. Miki Makimura (Devilman)

18. Lucy (Elfen Lied)

17. Yozora Mikazuki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

16. Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari series)

15. Sachi (Sword Art Online)

14. Shirley Finette (Code Geass)

13. Akari Akaza (Yuru Yuri)

12. Misuzu Kamio (Air)

11. Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

10. Index (A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun)

9. Stella Loussier (Gundam SEED Destiny)

8. Sayaka Miki (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)

7. Sakura Matou (Fate/Stay Night)

6. Ran Mouri (Detective Conan)

5. Mami Tomoe (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)Top 20 Most Gloomy Anime Characters Mami Tomoe Madoka Magica

4. Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)Top 20 Most Gloomy Anime Characters Homura Akemi Madoka Magica

3. Meiko Honma (Anohana)Top 20 Most Gloomy Anime Characters Meiko Honma Anohana

2. Kotonoha Katsura (School Days)Top 20 Most Gloomy Anime Characters Kotonoha Katsura School Days

1. Kaori Miyazono (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)Top 20 Most Gloomy Anime Characters Kaori Miyazono Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Swaps4

I'm Swaps4 and I consume too much coffee and never gets enough sleep. I enjoy writing about anime, video games, and bits & pieces of Japanese culture. Enjoy my work? Support me on Patreon or treat me to a coffee!
(Visited 21,173 times, 6 visits today)