Live-Action Prison School TV Series Receives New Special Preview Video
The official website of the live-action drama adaptation of Akira Hiramoto’s Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) manga began streaming a new special preview video, and it gives us a taste of how prison life will be tough for our five not-so-lucky prison boys. The video also previews the show’s theme song, “Searchlight” by Good on the Reel. The new TV series will begin on MBS on Monday, October 26 at 12:50am JST. The drama will then air on TBS on the 28th at 1:11am JST.
Recently, a brand new TV commercial which asks viewers which is better, breasts or butts?
Recent visual for the TV drama:
In addition, a new visual of the main cast was also revealed.
The drama’s website also revealed that the TV series will begin on MBS on Monday, October 26 at 12:50am JST. The drama will then air on TBS on the 28th at 1:11am JST.
The main cast of the live action drama has been revealed in costume and includes:
- Taishi Nakagawa (Susumu Minami from Minami kun no Koibito: My Little Lover) will play Kiyoshi Fujino
- Tokio Emoto (Shyogo Yokota in The Wings of the Kirin) as Takehito Morokuzu
- Former kickboxer Daiki Miyagi will portray Jouji Nezu
- Garigarigarikuson (Japanese Comedian) as Reiji Ando
- Masato Yano (Suguru Teshigawara in GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka Live Action Drama) will act Shingo Wakamoto
- Hirona Yamazaki (Ichika Akimoto in Kamisama no Iutoori) plays Mari Kurihara
- Aoi Morikawa (Tomoko Nagano from The World of Kanako) as Hana Midorikawa
- Asana Mamoru (Maki in Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead) acting as Meiko Shiraki
- Rena Takeda (Lil from Attack on Titan Live Action) playing as Chiyo Kurihara
- Yuko Araki (Yuka in Dragon Seinendan) as Anzu Yokoyama
- Masahiro Takashima (Kazuma Aoki from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II) will play The Chairman
The TV drama will be directed by Noboru Iguchi (The Machine Girl, Mutant Girls Squad) and the series will air during the late night broadcast block. As Iguchi was made known about the announcement, he was in disbelief and laughing at the idea but he did not want to miss the opportunity to miss out adapting the manga.
Akira Hiramoto first launched his manga in the Kodansha’s Young Magazine Weekly in February 2011. The manga won the best General Manga award alongside Yūji Moritaka and Keiji Adachi’s Gurazeni manga at Kodansha’s 37th Annual Manga Awards in May. The same wraparound band on the 14th volume also notes that the manga has more than 3.5 million copies in print.
Akira Hiramoto’s Ago Nashi Gen to Ore Monogatari manga received a mobile phone anime adaptation in 2010. Hiramoto’s Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari manga inspired a live-action film in 2011. Akira Hiramoto also wrote the award-winning supernatural drama manga Me and the Devil Blues, which Del Rey published in North America.
On the outskirts of Tokyo stands Hachimitsu Private Academy, a storied all-girls boarding school for elite young women full of potential and good breeding. But as the new school year rolls around, one tradition is going out the window: For the first time in the school’s long history, boys are being allowed to enroll. But on the first day of school, only five boys make the cut. Kiyoshi Fujino, one of the lucky few, is thrilled by this discovery, his heart leaping with joy at the thought of being surrounded by all those girls, day in and day out. But little does he know of the shocking fate that awaits him.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017