In addition to this, last Thursday a video the “Shinobu Mail” story arc of the Owarimonogatari TV anime series was streamed.
Here’s the trailer for the Owarimonogatari series:
In addition to this, a double page spread of the series was featured in the October 2015 issue of the Japanese anime magazine NewType.
The first episode of the Owarimonogatari anime aired on the midnight of Sunday, October 4th on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV and on GTV.
The site has also revealed some information about the anime’s format. The TV anime at the moment will currently cover the first two volumes in Owarimonogatari, which includes Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, Sodachi Lost and Shinobu Mail. The final volume, which as Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark, is already planned and scripted, but will not be produced into an anime until a later date. It has also announced that an anime of Koyomimonogatari is currently in planning.
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
The main cast of the Owarimonogatari consists of:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) returns to voice Koyomi Araragi
- Kaori Mizuhashi (Miyako in Hidamari Sketch) is back as Ougi Oshino
- Marina Inoue (Laura Bodewig from IS: Infinite Stratos) joins the cast to voice Sodachi-Oikura
The anime’s staff is as follows:
- Series Director and Series Composer: Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari, Hanamonogatari)
- Director: Itamura Tomoyuki (Monogatari Series Second Season, Tsukimonogatari)
- Series Composer: Fuyashi Tou (Nisekoi, Tsukimonogatari)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Akio Watanabe (Nisemonogatari, Tsukimonogatari)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Nisekoi, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
The first light novel volume in Nisio Isin’s Mongatari Series: Final Season, Tsukimonogatari, was announced to be in-production in October 2014, and aired as a 4-episode New Year’s Eve TV Special that year. The short story collectionKoyomimonogatari is the second volume, Owarimonogatari spans volumes 3-5, and the final volumeZokuOwarimonogatari completes the series. Official announcements regarding the anime adaptations of Koyomimonogatari have yet to be made.
In 2012, Shaft announced it would be animating all of Nisio Isin’s Monogatari Series. At this time, the studio had already animated the 15-episode TV series Bakemonogatari starting in Summer 2009 and the 11-episode Nisemonogatari in Winter 2012.
Since the announcement, the 4-episode New Year’s Eve special Nekomonogatari: Kuro, 26-episode Monogatari Series: Second Season, and 5-episode Summer special Hanamonogatari have also been broadcast. Kizumonogatari is the only skipped adaptation in volume-order, despite its initial announcement in 2010 and a subsequent movie premiere date for 2012. Kizumonogatari‘s anime adaptation is still in production, no given date as of yet.
The Monogatari series centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjōgahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi’s arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics. Despite being threatened by her, Koyomi offers his help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire.