The Dengeki Bunko Magazine’s 47th edition has revealed that TV anime adaptation of light novel Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (And you thought there is never a girl online? ) will premiere for Spring 2016. The cast and staff has also been revealed.
The cast includes:
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) will voice Hideki Nishimura
- Rina Hidaka (Mutsuki from Kantai Collection) as Ako Tamaki
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Akane Segawa
- Mao Ichimichi (Yuuri Wakasa from Gakkou Gurashi!) as Kyou Goshouin
- Hitomi Ohwada (Midori Imai from Shirobako) as Nanako Akiyama
- Yoshino Nanjou (Akiho Senomiya from Robotics;Notes) as Yui Saitou
The staff is as follows:
- Director: Shinsuke Yanagi (Momo Kyun Sword, Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS)
- Series Composition: Tatsuya Takahashi (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- Animation Production: Project No.9 (Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Momo Kyun Sword, ImoCho)
Anime key visual:
Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko Janai to Omotta? is a Japanese light novel series, written by Shibai Kineko and illustrated by Hisasi. ASCII Media Works have published eight volumes since 2013 under their Dengeki Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Kazui Ishigami began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ seinen manga magazine Dengeki G’s Comic from August 30, 2014, and has been collected in a single tankōbon volume. An anime television series adaptation has been announced
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? synopsis from MAL:
Our naïve protagonist proposes to a female character in an online game, only to find out that the player is actually a guy. Traumatized by that, he decides to never trust a girl online, but now, two years later, a female player is proposing to him. What will happen?
I’m Jake Caprino, who is more commonly known by the online alias Swaps4. I’m a subcontractor based in Japan. I enjoy writing about anime, video games, and bits & pieces of Japanese culture.