Prison School‘s Vice-President of the Underground Student Council, Meiko Shiraki, has been featured in a Japanese anime magazine as a poster.
In addition to this, on the wraparound jacket of the 19th volume of Akira Hiramoto’s Prison School manga revealed that the manga will get an OVA.
The OVA will be released with the limited edition of the 20th volume of the manga, which will go on sale on March 4, 2016. The staff and main cast of the TV anime will return for the new episode, adding Mikako Takahashi (Sakura Mizukami fromD-Frag!) as the voice of Mitsuko Yokoyama.
The OVA will feature the previously unanimated “Mad Wax” arc from the manga, after (Spoiler, highlight the text to read) Kiyoshi and the others leave the facility.
The main cast from the TV anime includes:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Yuzuru Otonashi from Angel Beats!) will voice Kiyoshi Fujino
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam) will voice Takehito Morokuzu
- Kenichi Suzumura (Hajime Tsunashi from Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) as Shingo Wakamoto
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima from Black Lagoon) will voice Jouji Nezu
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Seishin Muroi from Shiki) as Reiji Andou
- Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel von Einzbern in from Fate/Zero) as Mari Kurihara
- Shizuka Itou (Haruka Morishima from Amagami SS) will voice Meiko Shiraki
- Kana Hanazawa (Nadeko Sengoku from Bakemonogatari) as Hana Midorikawa
The staff includes:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Blood-C, Shirobako, Witch Craft Works)
- Series Composition: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Joshiraku, Shirobako)
- Character designer and Chief Animation Director: Junichiro Taniguchi (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Gosick, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- Production: J.C. Staff (DanMachi, Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Akira Hiramoto first launched his manga in the Kodansha’s Young Magazine Weekly in February 2011. The manga won the best General Manga award alongside Yūji Moritaka and Keiji Adachi’s Gurazeni manga at Kodansha’s 37th Annual Manga Awards in May. The same wraparound band on the 14th volume also notes that the manga has more than 3.5 million copies in print.
Akira Hiramoto’s Ago Nashi Gen to Ore Monogatari manga received a mobile phone anime adaptation in 2010. Hiramoto’s Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari manga inspired a live-action film in 2011. Akira Hiramoto also wrote the award-winning supernatural drama manga Me and the Devil Blues, which Del Rey published in North America.
On the outskirts of Tokyo stands Hachimitsu Private Academy, a storied all-girls boarding school for elite young women full of potential and good breeding. But as the new school year rolls around, one tradition is going out the window: For the first time in the school’s long history, boys are being allowed to enroll. But on the first day of school, only five boys make the cut. Kiyoshi Fujino, one of the lucky few, is thrilled by this discovery, his heart leaping with joy at the thought of being surrounded by all those girls, day in and day out. But little does he know of the shocking fate that awaits him.
Additionally, the director of the anime has noted that a second season of the series is questionable.
I’m Jake Caprino, who is more commonly known by the online alias Swaps4. I’m a subcontractor based in Japan. I enjoy writing about anime, video games, and bits & pieces of Japanese culture.