New Aria the Avvenire Anime Visual
A new visual for the anime adaptation of Kozue Amano’s Aria manga series, Aria the Avvenire, has been revealed in the January 2016 issue of Animedia as a poster. This issue can be purchased here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
In related news, the official website of the upcoming series revealed a new key visual for Aria the Avvenire. In addition, two new cast members have been revealed alongside a series of new trailers.
Two new cast members have been revealed that will be debuting in the upcoming anime. They include:
- Mai Nakahara (Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad) joining the cast to voice Azusa B. McLaren
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) voicing as Anya Dostoyevskaya
They will join the main cast of the anime, which consists of returning characters and voice actresses from the previous anime:
- Erino Hazuki (Riho Shihomi in Tamayura) returns to voice Akari Mizunashi
- Kaori Mizuhashi (Mami Tomoe from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) is back as Ai
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) voices Alicia Florence
- Chinami Nishimura (Kanna from Air) will once again voice Aria Pokoteng
- Chiwa Saito (Homura Akemi in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Aika S. Granzchesta
- Junko Minagawa (Ryoma Echizen in Prince of Tennis) is voicing Akira E. Ferrari
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) will voice the role of Alice Carroll
- Tomoko Kawakami (Hikaru Shindou from Hikaru no Go), who passed away in 2011, voiced Athena Glory
Two new trailers have been revealed for the Aria the Avvenire. Here is a minute half long trailer that reintroduces the main characters of the anime and also introduces the new characters. The trailer also previews the Ending theme, Piacereby Shiena Nishizawa.
The second trailer is a 30 second version of the above:
Here is the first promotional video, which previews some of the music composed by Choro Club and Takeshi Senoo:
The anime will be once again directed by Junichi Sato (Kaleido Star, Pretear, Sailor Moon), and will also feature the return of Reiko Yoshida (Tokyo Mew Mew, Bakuman.), who will handle scripts. The new animation’s format has not been specified, although the teaser website listed that an event screening of the anime will occur on September 26. The anime is being produced as part of the larger “Ao no Curtain Call” (Blue Curtain Call) project, which celebrates 10 years since the broadcast of the first Aria anime. “All television series” will also receive a Blu-ray Box release in Japan as part of the same project.
The first anime series, Aria the Animation, was animated at studio Hal Film Maker, and later inspired two more television series in 2006 and 2008, as well as an original video anime in 2007. All three series and the OVA starred Erino Hazuki as the protagonist Akari, Junko Minagawa (The Prince of Tennis‘ Ryoma, Shakugan no Shana III’s Khamsin) as Akira, Ryou Hirohashi (Kaleido Star‘s Sora, Working!!‘s Aoi) as Alice, Kaori Mizuhashi (Kaleido Star‘s Rosetta, The Fruit of Grisaia‘s Michiru) as Ai, and Chiwa Saito (Yona of the Dawn‘s Yona, Rosario + Vampire Capu2‘s Kokoa) as Aika, among others. Late voice actress Tomoko Kawakami (Shaman King‘s Pirika and Mina, Revolutionary Girl Utena‘s Utena) also starred in the anime as Athena.
Synopsis from Haruhichan:
On the planet Aqua, a world once known as Mars, Akari Mizunashi has just made her home in the town of Neo-VENEZIA, a futuristic imitation of the ancient city of Venice. The technology of “Man Home” (formerly Earth) has not entirely reached this planet, and Akari is alone, having no contact with family or friends. Nonetheless, the town, with its charming labyrinths of rivers and canals, becomes Akari’s new infatuation, along with the dream of becoming a full-fledged gondolier. Reverting to a more “primitive” lifestyle and pursuing a new trade, the character of Akari becomes both adventurous and heartwarming all at once.
The first episode of Aria the Avvenire will be shown in Japanese cinemas from September 26. The anime is currently scheduled for 3 episodes in total; the release dates of the two episodes will be revealed soon.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Kyoto Animation Is Now Accepting Direct Donations - July 25, 2019
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018