Japanese media trade paper Bunka Tsushin has revealed the top 10 grossing domestic films in Japan in 2015 on Monday. Six of the films are anime films, while two are based on an existing manga franchise with anime (live-action Attack on Titan, Assassination Classroom).
Here are the results:
10) Live-action Assassination Classroom (2.77 billion yen, about $23.0 million USD)
9) Love Live! The School Idol Movie (2.8 billion yen, about $23 million USD)
8) Billy Gal (Flying Colors) (2.84 billion yen, about $23.6 million USD)
7) Live-action Attack on Titan (3.25 billion yen, about $27 million USD)
6) Dragon Ball Z Movie 15: Fukkatsu no F (3.74 billion yen, about $31.1 million USD)
5) Doraemon Movie 35: Nobita no Space Heroes (3.93 billion yen, about $32.7 million USD)
4) Detective Conan Movie 19: The Hellfire Sunflowers (4.48 billion yen, about $37.2 million USD)
3) HERO (4.67 billion yen, about $38.7 million USD)
2) Bakemono no Ko (5.85 billion yen, about $48.6 million USD)
1) Youkai Watch Movie 1: Tanjou no Himitsu da Nyan! (7.8 billion yen, about $65 million USD)
Source: Yahoo Japan
I’m Jake Caprino, who is more commonly known by the online alias Swaps4. I’m a subcontractor based in Japan. I enjoy writing about anime, video games, and bits & pieces of Japanese culture.