New Macross Delta TV Anime Visual Revealed
A new visual for the Macross Delta TV anime series from the Macross franchise has been featured in the February 2016 issue of Animage as a poster. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
Here’s the most recent promotional video for the anime:
The website also unveiled a new visual recently which reveals the project’s logo, two fighters, and the catch phrase “Gekitsui se yo” (Shoot [it] down).
The anime’s site has three brand new visuals that introduce the two leading factions of the series. The visual above features new fighters that are called Valkyries. The next visual features the 5 members of the Tactical Sound Unit Walkure, which are composed of idols.
They will be up against the 5 members of the Aerial Knights Valkyrie team from the Kingdom of Wind.
The first cast member of the anime has been revealed. A competition was held late last year by the anime’s staff in a set of singing auditions. Eventually, Minori Suzuki won the singing competition and will voice Freyja Wion in the upcoming series as her debut anime role.
The leading members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Chief Director and Valkyrie Designer: Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Aquarion)
- Director: Kenji Yasuda (Shugo Chara!, Arata Kangatari)
- Series Composer: Toshizo Nemoto (Log Horizon, Inu × Boku SS)
- Anime Character Designers and Chief Animation Directors: Majiro (Barakamon, Ongaku Shoujo) and Yuu Shindou (Oregairu, Persona 4 the Golden Animation)
- Mecha Designer: Stanislas Brunet (Aquarion, AKB0048)
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Animation Studio: Satelight (AKB0048, Macross Frontier)
Here is the first trailer for the anime:
Macross is a Sci-Fi mecha franchise created by Shoji Kawamori in 1982. The franchise began as a TV anime series in 1982 as Super Dimension Fortress Macross, produced by Studio Nue (Dirty Pair, Space Battleship Yamato) and running for 36 episodes. The anime itself was localised to North American audiences in the following, as part of the first entry in Robotech. Since its initial series, there has been two additional anime series: Macross 7 in 1994 and Macross Frontier in 2008, alongside various OVAs, anime films and accompanying manga and video game adaptations. The most recent anime of Macross was the second Macross Frontier film that released in 2012, Macross FB7: Ore no Uta wo Kike!
Here is the synopsis of the original 1982 Macross anime:
In 1999, an alien ship crashes on South Atalia Island and makes the human race aware of other life in space. Ten years later, the ship is reconstructed and christened as the SDF-1 Macross. However, on the day of its maiden voyage, an alien race called the Zentraedi make their appearance on Earth, beginning the UN Spacy/Zentraedi war that would change the history of both races forever.
The Macross Delta anime is currently in production. A special broadcast of the anime’s first episode will be shown on New Year’s Eve. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017