Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso English Dub Trailer Streamed
Aniplex USA began streaming the first trailer for their upcoming English release for the anime adaptation of Naoshi Arakawa’s Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) manga last week. The trailer itself introduces us to the main characters of the series and also previews the voice cast of the English voice cast, who are directed by Patrick Seitz (BlazBlue Alter Memory).
The English dub of the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) anime will be available with the International Blu-ray release. Volume 1 will be out on March 29 and 2nd volume out on May 31st. Both volumes are retailing for $129.98 USD each.
The English cast of the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) anime consists of:
- Max Mittelman (Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero) voicing as Kousei Arima
- Erica Lindbeck ( Yuki Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Kaori Miyazono
- Erica Mendez (Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon Crystal) is voicing Tsubaki Sawabe
- Kyle McCarley (Aoba Kuronuma in Durarara!! x2) as Ryouta Watari
The Japanese production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Kyohei Ishiguro (Debut directing role)
- Series Composer and Script Writer: Takao Yoshioka (WataMote, High School DxD)
- Art Director: Hisayo Usui (The [email protected] Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!, Angel Beats! Background Artist)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Freezing, Queen’s Blade)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The Japanese cast consisted of:
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) as Kousei Arima, the fallen prodigy.
- Risa Taneda (Yukari Hinata from Yuyushiki, Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Kaori Miyazono, the wild violinist.
- Ayane Sakura (Anzu Kiriyama from Kokoro Connect, Gasper Vladi from Highschool DxD) as Tsubaki Sawabe, the caring childhood friend.
- Ryota Ousaka (Mao Sadao from Hataraku Maou-sama!, Marco Bodt from Attack on Titan) as Ryota Watari, the playboy athlete.
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan, Alibaba Saluja from Magi) as Takeshi Aiza, the hairdo rival.
- Saori Hayama (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu, Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) as Emi Igawa, the cool and composed pianist.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Kyoto Animation Is Now Accepting Direct Donations - July 25, 2019
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018