Kikuko Inoue to Cast Lala’s Mother in To Love-Ru Darkness OVA
This year’s third issue of Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine announced on Wednesday that Kikuko Inoue (Mizuho Kazami from Onegai Teacher) will voice Sephie Michaela Deviluke, the mother of the Deviluke sisters, in the original video anime that will bundle with the 16th volume of Saki Hasemi and Kentaro Yabuki’s To LOVE-Ru Darkness manga. The bundle will ship on July 4, 2016.
There will be a total of two new OVAs that will be bundled with the upcoming volumes of the To LOVE-Ru Darkness manga that will celebrate 10 years of To LOVE-Ru. The first OVA will be an adaptation of chapters 49 and 50 of the manga. It will be bundled with the manga’s 16th volume, releasing on July 4th, 2016 – with orders opening on February 4th. The second OVA will also be adapting chapters from the manga, but it will be fan voted. Fans will be able to vote for which chapters/arcs the second OVA will adapt. The second OVA will be bundled with volume 17, out in Japan on December 2nd, 2016.
The main cast from the most recent anime, To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd, includes:
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) will return as Momo Belia Deviluke
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji in Strike Witches) voices Konjiki no Yami
- Akeno Watanabe (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist) returns to voice Rito Yuuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mea Kurosaki
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) is voicing Lala Satalin Deviluke
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Haruna Sairenji
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) reprises her role as Nana Astar Deviluke
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi) as Mikan Yuuki
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voices Yui Kotegawa
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) is voicing Celine and Risa Momioka
- Satomi Arai (Kuroko Shirai from Toaru Majutsu no Index) will voice Peke
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in Clannad) as Shizu Murasame
To LOVE-Ru is an ongoing comedy, ecchi romance manga written by Saki Hasemi and illustrated by Kentaro Yabuki. The original series ran from April 2006 and ended in August 2009 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump for a total of 18 volumes. A sequel manga titled To LOVE-Ru Darkness began in the same magazine in 2010 and has a total of 10 volumes to date. An anime adaptation of the first manga was produced in 2008 by Xebec (Pandora Hearts, Break Blade) and directed by Takao Kato (Pandora Hearts, Upotte!!). A sequel anime was followed by in 2010 adapting the remainder of the manga, and the first anime adaptation of To LOVE-Ru Darkness was produced in 2012. The series also received many OVA and video game adaptations.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story is about Rito Yuuki, a high-school boy who cannot confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna Sairenji. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, nude girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from the planet Deviluke, where she is the heir to the throne. Her father wants her to return to her home planet so she can marry one of the husband candidates, but she decides that she wants to marry Rito in order to stay on Earth.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017
- Megami – February 2017 Posters [Contains NSFW Images] - December 30, 2016
- Nitroplus’ Mascot Wishes You a Merry Christmas 2016 - December 26, 2016