The Digi-Boys Get Suited up for Valentine’s Day in New Poster
The boys from the Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series have suited up for Valentine’s Day and have been featured in the March 2016 issue of Animedia as a poster. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
The video ends with a teaser for the third part, Digimon Adventure tri.: Kokuhaku (Confession), which will open this summer. In the teaser, Patamon says, “Sayonara, Takeru” (T.K.), and Takeru replies by yelling Patamon’s name.
The film will open for a limited three-week run in Japanese theaters on March 12. It will also be available online for a fee on the same day, and theaters will offer an early limited edition Blu-ray Disc. The Blu-ray Disc and DVD will then debut at regular retailers on April 2.
In addition to this, the boys from the Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series has been featured in the February 2016 issue of Otomedia as a poster.
The Digimon girls have also been featured as a poster. Meiko Mochizuki, Sora Takenouchi, Mimi Tachikawa, and Yagami Hikari have been featured in the February 2016 issue of Animedia. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
The cast members of the 8 Digi-destined have also been revealed. The voice actors and actresses from the previous anime will not return and will instead include a new cast:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi “Tai” Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato “Matt” Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
Recently the official website also revealed a new key visual for the series. In addition to this, it has also been revealed that the Kouji Wada will return to do the opening theme song “Butter-Fly” while Miyazaki Ayumi will return to perform “Brave Heart” for the insert song. The Digimon cast will remain the same.
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure Tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
The anime will be set 6 years after the end of the original series, and 3 years after Digimon Adventure 02. The newly announced anime will be produced by Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece) and follow 17 year old Tai who is currently in high school with Agumon.
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. And this year, will mark the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017