Two Main Cast Members for Original TV Anime Qualidea Code Announced
The official website for upcoming original TV anime Qualidea Code has revealed additional cast members for the lead characters of the Chiba Prefecture faction. The series follows children of Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Chiba as they fight to defend their cities from unknown invaders.
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Trabant from Hitsugi no Chaika) will voice Asuha Chigusa
- Yuuma Uchida (Nagisa Kiryuu from Classroom Crisis) as Kasumi Chigusa
The previously announced cast include:
- Soma Saito (Tatsumi from Akame ga Kill!) will voice Ichiya Suzaku
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki no Kyojin) as Canaria Utara
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) will voice Maihime Tenkawa
- Ayaka Fukuhara (Rin Shibuya from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) as Hotaru Rindou
It has also been revealed that the cast members of Qualidea Code anime will make a stage appearance at AnimeJapan 2016, which will be held March 25–27 at Tokyo Big Sight.
In addition to this, the character designs for the upcoming anime has been revealed in the February 2016 issueof NewType. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
Qualidea Code is part of an overall multimedia project by five publishers: Shueisha’s Dash X Bunko imprint, Kadokawa’s Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint, Kadokawa’s MF Bunko J imprint, Shogakukan’s Gagaga Bunko imprint, and Shueisha’s Jump SQ. magazine.
The staff include:
- Original: Speakeasy/Marvelous
- Director: Kenichi Kawamura (Hajime no Ippo)
- Script: Speakeasy
- Character Original Plan: Ryuu Matsu
- Character Designs: Hisayuki Tabata (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
- Music: Taku Iwasaki (Noragami Aragato)
- Studio: A-1 Pictures (Ao no Exorcist, Sword Art Online, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Production: Qualidea Code Production Committee
Here’s the first promotional video:
Qualidea Code is a Japanese multimedia project co-published by Shueisha’s Dash X Bunko imprint, Fujimi Shobo’s Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint, Media Factory’s MF Bunko J imprint, Shogakukan’s Gagaga Bunko imprint, and Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine. The original concept was developed by Marvelous and a three-person unit of writers known as Speakeasy made up of Koushi Tachibana, Sou Sagara and Wataru Watari. It launched in 2015 with several light novels, and a manga will be serialized in Jump Square in 2016. An anime television series will be produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Kenichi Kawamura.
Qualidea Code synopsis from MAL:
The story takes place in a world where people continue their war against the “unknown”—the enemy of humanity. Children who have been evacuated to a cold sleep facility during the invasion by the “unknown” several decades ago wake up from their slumber and learn that their bodies developed some supernatural forces. In order to protect the country from the “unknown” emerging from the Tokyo bay gate, the boys and girls wage battles in the defense the cities of Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Chiba.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017
- Megami – February 2017 Posters [Contains NSFW Images] - December 30, 2016
- Nitroplus’ Mascot Wishes You a Merry Christmas 2016 - December 26, 2016