Shoujo Manga Orange Receives TV Anime Slated for Summer 2016
A television anime adaptation of Ichigo Takano’s dramatic shoujo manga Orange has been green-lit and is slated to premiere in summer. The first key visual for the series and staff members were also revealed.
The staff consist of:
- Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki (Steins;Gate, Terra Formars, Texhnolyze)
- Screenplay: Yuuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid)
- Character Design: Nobuteru Yuuki (Sakamichi no Apollon,Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199)
- Studio: TMS Entertainment (D.Gray-man, Detective Conan), Telecom Animation Film (Lupin III (2015), Moyashimon)
Anime key visual:
Orange is a slice of life romance shoujo/seinen manga series written and illustrated by Ichigo Takano. It was first serialized in 2012 in Bessatsu Margaret manga magazine and later in Monthly Action. It has been compiled into 5 volumes so far. It’s published in English (online) by Crunchyroll, in French by Akata and in Spain by Ediciones Tomodomo. A live action film adaptation of the same name was released on December 12, 2015. A television anime adaptation has been green-lit.
Orange synopsis from MAL:
One day, Takamiya Naho receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future. As Naho reads on, the letter recites the exact events of the day, including the transfer of a new student into her class named Naruse Kakeru.
The Naho from ten years later repeatedly states that she has many regrets, and she wants to fix these by making sure the Naho from the past can make the right decisions—especially regarding Kakeru. What’s more shocking is that she discovers that ten years later, Kakeru will no longer be with them. Future Naho asks her to watch over him closely.
Source: Comic Natalie
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Kyoto Animation Is Now Accepting Direct Donations - July 25, 2019
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018