HaiFuri TV Anime Slated for April 9
The official website of the upcoming original anime HaiFuri has revealed that the TV series will begin its debut on the midnight of April 9th/10th. The HaiFuri anime will air its first episode on BS11, Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV and Gunma TV this April on the midnight JST of the 9th (Saturday)/10th (Sunday). The anime will also air on KBS Kyoto on the 12th/13th at midnight, and on Sun TV on the 13th at 12:30am JST.
In addition, the website has also revealed the main theme songs of the series. The Opening theme will be “High Free Spirits” sung by the trio TrySail and the Ending theme will be “Ripple Effect” by Luna Haruna.
Here is the cover of the series’ first character song:
Here’s the first promotional video:
The main characters of the anime have also been revealed with the cast yet to be revealed, alongside their original character designs by Atto:
- Akeno Misaki
- Moeka China
- Mashiro Munetani
- Hiromi Kuroki
- Maron Yanagiwara
- Mikan Irako
- Homare Kinesaki
- Akane Kinesaki
- Hime Wazumi
- Momo Aoki
- Ritsuko Matsunaga
- Rin Shiretoko
- Shima Tateishi
- Mei Irizaki
- Kouko Nosa
- Kaede Marikouji
- Machiko Noma
The staff include:
- Director: Yuu Nobuta (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- Series Composition, Script: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., Tamako Market, School Rumble)
- Original Character Design: Atto (Non Non Biyori)
- Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Naoto Nakamura (Miss Monochrome: The Animation)
- Color Design: Hitomi Ikeda (High School DxD, Sekkou Boys, Strike Witches)
- Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live II, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Joukamachi no Dandelion)
Haifuri is an upcoming Japanese anime television series produced by Production IMS. Yuu Nobuta is directing the anime and Reiko Yoshida is handling series composition, with character designs by Naoto Nakamura and original character designs by Atto. It will begin airing in April 2016.
A manga adaptation will be serialized in Media Factory’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive.
Haifuri synopsis from MAL:
With Japan having developed as a maritime nation, it became necessary to have specialized schools to teach skills essential to protecting the sea. The setting is one such all-girls school. The girls who enroll here study to become “blue mermaids,” through classroom instruction and teaching of practical skills.
“Blue mermaids” are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto “In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go.” They must excel in their studies, but must also adopt an international mindset. They are the “Elite of the Sea,” and are expected to be knowledgeable of the customs and cultures of other countries as well as their own.
The HaiFuri anime is currently in production and is currently scheduled for April, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source: HaiFuri Website
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- Kyoto Animation Is Now Accepting Direct Donations - July 25, 2019
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018