Red Cross Kyoto Lists Hibike! Euphonium Season 2 for Fall 2016
The Kyoto Red Cross Blood Center has announced a brand new collaboration campaign with Kyoto Animation’s (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park) anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium). In the campaign’s announcement, it initially revealed that the upcoming second season of the anime will air this Fall.
The campaign’s website briefly listed that the second season will air this Fall/Autumn, which generally begins in October, before been edited a short time later. It read:
To coincide with the second season’s premiere, we will run a similar campaign this fall.
The sentence on the page now reads:
We plan to launch a similar campaign soon, so look forward to it!
The campaign is to promote a local blood drive in Kyoto that will begin on April 23rd, which is also the release of the Hibike! Euphoniumcompilation film, Gekijouban Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku Bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium the Movie: Welcome to the Kitauji High School Concert Band).
A compilation film of the anime was announced at the recent Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event, alongside the second season of the Hibike! Euphonium anime. Here is the main visual of the announcement:
Here is the latest trailer for the movie, which also reveals the release date of April 23:
Latest visual for the upcoming movie:
The anime’s cast consist of:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, a Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, a Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date a total of 4 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation of the series was launched in November last year, by Ayano Takeda and Hami that is being published in Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Web magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2015 anime season by Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park) with Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) directing. The anime ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017