The main cast and character designs of the anime are as follows:
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Naho Takamiya
- Seiichirou Yamashita (Takahiro Mizuno in Walkure Romanze) voicing as Kakeru Naruse
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) is going to voice Hiroto Suwa
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) will voice Azusa Murasaka
- Rika Kinugawa (Liddy Steinberg from Hundred) voices Takako Chino
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) voices as Saku Hagita
Here is the anime’s first promotional video, which introduces the main characters:
The first members of the anime’s production staff were revealed and includes:
- Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki (Steins;Gate, Terra Formars)
- Series Composer: Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Anime Character Designer: Nobuteru Yuuki (Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Xenosaga)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Yowamushi Pedal, Detective Conan), Telecom Animation Film (Aikatsu!, Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation)
Orange is a romance school manga written and illustrated by Ichigo Takano. The series began in 2012 and ended in 2015 for a total of 5 compiled volumes. It was published in Shueisha’s Bessatsu Margaret magazine in its initial year but moved to Futabasha’s Monthly Action magazine in the following year. The manga was adapted into a live action film in 2015, being directed by Mitsujirō Hashimoto and starring Tao Tsuchiya. There will be a one shot special being published in April.
Orange synopsis from MAL:
One day, Takamiya Naho receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future. As Naho reads on, the letter recites the exact events of the day, including the transfer of a new student into her class named Naruse Kakeru.
The Naho from ten years later repeatedly states that she has many regrets, and she wants to fix these by making sure the Naho from the past can make the right decisions—especially regarding Kakeru. What’s more shocking is that she discovers that ten years later, Kakeru will no longer be with them. Future Naho asks her to watch over him closely.
A TV anime adaptation for Orange is currently in production to air this July, during the Summer 2016 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed soon.