Steins;Gate 0 Slated to Release in North America & Europe This Year
International video game publisher PQube has revealed that Steins;Gate 0, the sequel to the acclaimed Steins;Gate visual novel, will be getting an English release for North America and European regions in 2016.
The visual novel will be coming out later in the year on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, and is currently available for order on RiceDigital. Steins;Gate 0 released in Japan on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita on November 19.
Steins;Gate 0 is an official sequel to the original game and anime (however taking place before the final moments in another timeline), but will not be an entirely new concept and story. It will be based on all the material released after the game, including the threenovels and the various drama CDs. Here is the game’s synopsis:
The story of the game takes place on the beta world line, where Okabe could not save his precious person, Kurisu, on July 28, and ended up returning alone. However, the trailer for the game notes that Okabe does not know that Kurisu is in fact still there.
The first images for the new designs of the characters have were revealed earlier:
Here’s the game’s main visual:
Here is the game’s latest Japanese trailer:
The main staff of the VN includes:
- Planning and Creator: Chiyomaru Shikura (Robotics;Notes, Chaos:Head)
- Producer: Matsubara Tatsuya (Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes Scenario Supervisor)
- Character Designer: huke (Steins;Gate, Black Rock Shooter)
- Scenario Writers: Hayashi Naotaka (Steins;Gate: Soumei Eichi no Cognitive Computing), Toru Yasumoto (Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu), Takimoto Masashi (Steins;Gate: Heiji Kyokusen no Epigraph), Tsukasa Tsuchiya (Last Magica no Dualism)
- Music Composer: Takeshi Abo (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head)
Steins;Gate is part of a series of “Scientific Adventure” games that occur in a singular universe, the others beingChaos;Head and Robotics;Notes. The games are a collaboration between developers Nitroplus and 5pb. They play out similarly to modern visual novels but are notably saturated with the usage of the main character’s gaming device, casually known as a trigger. All games focus heavily on scientific methods and theories which are incorporated into the game. The first game in the series was Chaos;Head, which released in 2008 for the PC. The next game, Steins;Gate released in 2009 and the final game was Robotics;Notes in 2012. Steins;Gate originally was released on the Xbox 360 before being ported to the PC, and all current generations, at the time, of consoles in Japan. An anime adaptation of the game was produced in 2011 that was directed by Hiroshi Hamasaki (Terraformars, Blade & Soul) and Takuya Satou (Selector Infected Wixoss,Ichigo Mashimaro) and produced by White Fox (Katanagatari, Jormungand). A sequel film to the anime was produced in 2013 and featured an original story. A sequel light novel titled Steins;Gate The Committee of Antimatter was planned to be released in 2014, but was cancelled within a month of release.
Steins;Gate 0 synopsis:
November 2010, the Beta World Line…
A story that unfolds after Rintarou Okabe returns, having failed to save “her” on July 28th. He had no idea that the system known as “Amadeus” would once again drag him into a world of dark conspiracy.
Yes, “she” is still there.
PQube will be publishing Steins;Gate 0 for the PS4 and Vita sometime in 2016. Further information about the visual novel will be revealed at a later date.
Source: Rice Digital
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017