Rewrite Anime Debuts July 2nd with 1 Hour Episode
The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Key and Visual Art’s Rewrite visual novel has announced that the TV anime will debut on July 2nd with an hour long special. In addition, a new key visual was also revealed.
The first episode of the Rewrite anime will begin its broadcast on Saturday, July 2nd and will be 1 hour long. The hour long episode will air on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, GTV, MBS, and BS11. The time of the broadcast has yet to be revealed.
There will also be a pre-screening event for the first episode on June 25th in Tokyo, a week before the episode airs. It will be held at 2pm JST and will also feature a stage greeting with voice actor Masakazu Morita (Kotarou Tennouji), Series Composer Kai (ClannadScenario Writer, Kud Wafter Lead Designer), and Music Composer Shinji Orito (Clannad, Air).
Previous anime visual:
The anime’s official website has released the first set of character designs for the main cast:
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach) will voice Kotarou Tennouji
- Chiwa Saito (Homura Akemi from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) as Kotori Kanbe
- Saya Shinomiya (First Major Role) voices Chihaya Ohtori
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) is voicing as Akane Senri
- Keiko Suzuki (Haruka Saigusa in Little Busters!) returns to voice Shizuru Nanatsu
- Risa Asaki (Tae Sugimura from Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku) as Lucia Konohana
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing as Kagari
Here’s the new promotional video which was also revealed:
Here is the first official promotional video of the anime from Comiket 89:
The main staff of the anime includes:
- Director and Series Composer: Motoki Tanaka (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic, Grisaia no Kajitsu)
- Series Composers and Scriptwriters: Romeo Tanaka (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Creator) and Kai (Clannad Scenario Writer, Kud Wafter Lead Designer)
- Anime Character Designer: Masayuki Nonaka (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic and Grisaia no Meikyuu Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: 8-Bit (Grisaia no Kajitsu, IS: Infinite Stratos)
Rewrite is a fantasy romance Visual Novel developed by Key and published by Visual Arts in 2011 for the PC. It is Key’s 8th visual novel, following the success of Air, Clannad and Little Busters! Many key members of the staff return to produce the new game, including Itaru Hinoue (Air, Clannad) who once again helmed the project. Jun Maeda (Clannad, Angel Beats!) also returned to compose the music of the game, but did not write any of the scenarios. The novel also included new talent with Ryukishi07 (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni) lending a hand writing the game’s scenario. Rewrite was also ported onto various other platforms, including the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3.
Here is the synopsis of the VN from MAL:
Rewrite is set in the fictional city Kazamatsuri where treeplanting and afforestation have caused the city to become overgrown with trees and flowers in much the same way that other cities are filled by buildings. However, while most of the city appears to be rural, there are many traditional city elements as well. While set in a modern setting, the city also gives off a strange sense of nostalgia.
Tennouji Kotarou lives here. He’s a high school student who has the ability to rewrite his own body; he can become stronger and faster at any time he chooses. He investigates supernatural mysteries with five girls from his school.
A TV anime adaptation of Rewrite is currently in production and will air in Summer 2016. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Latest posts by Swaps4 (see all)
- 40hara Exhibition at Akihabara – Cute Girls Showing Panties and Looking Disgusted at You - April 8, 2019
- Anime Girls in Tights – Yom Exhibition at Akihabara - November 22, 2018
- Asuna and Yuna Prepare for the Sword Art Online Movie in New Visual - January 3, 2017