The official Twitter account of the TV anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has announced at that a second season is in production, at today’s One Punch Autumn Festival. Further details about the new season will be revealed soon.
— TVアニメ「ワンパンマン」公式 (@opm_anime) September 25, 2016
The main cast for the first season of the anime includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) as Silver Fang
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is voicing King
- Masaya Onosaka (Takeshi Momoshiro in Prince of Tennis) joins the cast to voice Puri Puri Prisoner
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Metal Bat
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
A second season of One Punch-Man has been announced and is in production. Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming season.