The official website for the upcoming anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has revealed two new cast members that will voice the characters Sonic and Tatsumaki in the October anime series.
The two new members of the One Punch-Man anime cast that have been revealed are:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
The two will join the main cast with:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
The main crew members of the anime’s staff were also unveiled and will consist of:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space☆Dandy)
- Studio: Madhouse (Hunter x Hunter, Parasyte)
- Script: Tomohiro Suzuki
- Character design: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
The first promotional video for the One Punch-Man anime was earlier revealed at AnimeJapan 2015:
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
The One Punch-Man anime will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.