The April issue of Kadokawa’s Young Ace magazine revealed on Friday that Kei Sanbe will begin serializing a spinoff of his mystery manga Boku dake ga Inai Machi in the magazine’s July issue on June 4. The spinoff is tentatively titled Boku dake ga Inai Machi Gaiden. Kei Sanbe concluded the original manga in this Friday’s issue of Young Ace, and art from the manga adorns the issue’s front cover. The manga’s eighth and final volume is slated to ship on May 2.
The director of the anime adaptation of Kei Sanbe’s Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) manga, Tomohiko Ito (Sword Art Online, Silver Spoon), revealed earlier that the series will adapt the manga’s original ending.
In related news, a new visual for the the TV anime adaptation has been revealed in the February 2016 issue ofNewType as a double page spread. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Shinnosuke Mitsushima (Ryotaro in the Fu-Zoku Changed My Life movie) will have his anime debut role voicing 29 year old Satoru Fujinuma
- Tao Tsuchiya (Mare Tsumura in the Mare live action TV drama) makes her anime debut as 10 year old Satoru Fujinuma
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) will voice Kayo Hinadzuki
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Airi Katagiri
- You Taichi (Sayori Mizushima from Love Lab) will voice Kenya Kobayashi
- Akari Kito (Maki Aika in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) as Hiromi Sugita
- Ayaka Nanase (First Major Role) voices Osamu
- Yukitoshi Kikuchi (Noboru Maruyama from Gin no Saji) is going to voice Kazu
- Takahiro Mizushima (Taichi Yaegashi from Kokoro Connect) as Jun Shiratori
- Minami Takayama (Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan) is voicing Sachiko Fujinuma
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Maiza Avaro in Baccano!) Gaku Yashiro
The staff includes:
- Director: Tomohiko Itou (Gin no Saji, Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin, Sword Art Online 2)
- Script: Kishimoto Taku (Gin no Saji, Haikyuu!!, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken)
- Character Designs: Keigo Sasaki (Nanatsu no Taizai, Ao no Exorcist, Senkou no Night Raid)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Sword Art Online)
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is an ongoing Japanese fantasy suspense seinen manga series written and illustrated by Kei Sanbe and serialized on Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine since 2012. Volume 1 was released on January 26, 2013 and 5 volumes have been published so far. It’s published in French by Ki-oon. An anime adaptation has been announced and is scheduled to air in January 2016.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi synopsis from MAL:
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinadzuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.
The Boku dake ga Inai Machi anime adaptation currently airs every Friday at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block.
Source: Comic Natalie