The official website of the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Yuji Iwahara’s Dimension W manga has revealed a brand new visual for the series. The series will air in January next year on Tokyo MX.
In addition to this, a new promotional video was also revealed, introducing the main characters of the anime and giving us a glimpse of its visuals:
The main cast of the Dimension W anime includes:
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voicing as Kyouma Mabuchi
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Mira Yurisaki
The supporting cast includes:
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) will voice Albert Schuman
- Kimiko Saito (Chieko from Kuragehime) voices Marie
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) is voicing Elizabeth Greenhow Smith
The first members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
- Series Composition: Shotaro Suga (Isshuukan Friends., Darker than Black )
- Character Design: Tokuyuki Matsutake (Taiho Shichauzo, Medabots)
- Animation Studios: Studio 3Hz (Sora no Method) and Orange (Norn9: Norn + Nonette, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince)
Here’s the first promotional video:
Dimension W is a Japanese manga series written by Yuji Iwahara and published in Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine since 2011. The series is licensed in North America by Yen Press. An anime television series is scheduled to air in January 2016.
Dimension W synopsis from Haruhichan:
In the year 2072, the world’s energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—”coils”—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.
In this world, unofficial “illegal” coils harness powers that the police can’t hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.
The Dimension W anime will air this upcoming January on Tokyo MX during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.