On December 28th, 2014, the official website for Seta Hinako’s four-panel manga Re-Kan!‘s anime began streaming a new promotional video. This video also streamed on the same day at Comic Market, more commonly known as Comiket, 87. The video previews the story and introduces the characters of this “heartwarming anime about a spirit-sensing girl who is kind to both humans and spirits.”
The story follows Amami Hibiki, a girl who can see and communicate with the supernatural and talk to animals as well. Her special abilities fill her and her friend’s days with fun, new perspectives, and maybe even horror!
The cast is as follows:
- Kido Ibuki (Rinka in Tokyo ESP) as Amami Hibiki, a polite and relaxed girl who often worries about others around her more than she worries about herself. She can see and communicate with the supernatural!
- Itou Miku (Usami Nanako in Locodol) as Inoue Narumi, Amami’s classmate and friend who hates ghosts and scary stories.
- Iida Riho (Rin in Love Live! School Idol Project) as Uehara Kana, a popular blogger who is very curious about Amami’s ability.
- M.A.O (Mikoto in Ore Twintails ni Narimasu) as Esumi Kyouko, Uehara’s childhood friend and also a former delinquent. Even so, she’s very caring and compassionate.
- Yamazaki Eri (Roboko in Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda) as Ogawa, a bright but airheaded person who is a girl… maybe…
The staff for the anime production has also been announced:
- Director: Masashi Kudo (Hayate no Gotoku! Can’t Take My Eyes Off You)
- Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima (Sabagebu!)
- Character Design: Aoi Yamamoto (Fairy Tail)
The series also received a Drama CD on February 27, 2013 with a different cast. The cast for the Drama CD was as follows:
- Aya Endou as Hibiki Amami
- Haruka Tomatsu as Narumi Inoue
- Kana Hanazawa as Uehara
- Eri Kitamura as Esumi
- Ayana Taketatsu as Ogawa
- Yusuke Shirai as Yamada
- Shin-ichiro Miki as Asahi Amami
- Kyouko Hikami as Yuuhi Amami
- Sumire Uesaka as Yuuki Inoue
- Kenyu Horiuchi as Daihenzamurai
- Norio Wakamoto as Eroneko
- Nobuo Tobita as Kouen no Jibakurei
- Aimi Terakawa as Kogyaru-rei
The manga, Re-Kan!, was serialized under Houbunsha’s Manga Time Jumbo. The manga was first published as a one-shot in the magazine’s December 2009 issue. As of 2014, it has 5 compiled tankobon volumes. The fifth compiled volume was released on December 6, 2014.
The first visual for the anime was also revealed earlier:
Re-Kan! synopsis from Haruhichan:
Amami Hibiki is a girl who can see ghosts and other supernatural phenomena in her surroundings. The stories follow her daily life with both her friends and the otherworldly.