The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Ishio Yamagata and Miyagi’s Rokka no Yuusha (Heroes of the Six Flowers) light novel series has revealed that the TV series will be premiering on July 5th on MBS. In addition, the main cast, a brand new visual, a set of wallpapers and a brand new promotional video were all also revealed.
The Rokka no Yuusha anime adaptation will be airing this Summer from Sunday, July 5th at 4:58am JST on MBS. The anime will also air on AT-X on the 5th at 5:00pm JST, on Tokyo MX on the 8th at 11:30pm JST, and from BS11 on the 11th at 11:00pm JST. The series will also be streamed online on Niconico, GYAO! and on Bandai Channel.
A brand new promotional video has also been released, introducing the main characters of the anime:
The first members of the anime’s main cast were revealed, alongside the first character designs of the leading characters. The main cast of Rokka no Yuusha is:
- Soma Saito (Twelve from Zankyou no Terror) will lead the cast as Adlet Mayer
- Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory in High School DXD) voices Nachetania Loei Piena Augustra
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Flamie Speeddraw
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Hans Humpty
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will be voicing as Maura Chester
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) voicing as Chamot Rosso
- Kouki Uchiyama (Raku Ichijou in Nisekoi) voices Goldov Auora
Here is the previous promotional video with English subtitles, and also reveals that Pony Canon will license the series:
The series itself will follow the story of the original LNs and will follow the character and art designs of the manga adaptation. The main members of the anime’s production staff were earlier revealed and include:
- Original Creator: Yamagata Ishio (Tatakau Shisho Series)
- Original Illustration: Terui (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru)
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Ookami to Koushinryou)
- Assistant Director: Sanpei Sei
- Configuration and Screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata (Nana)
- Character Design and Chief Animation Director: Koiso Sayaka
- Prop Design: Iwanaga Etsumube
- Monster Design: Tatsuya Fukushima
- Color setting: Hitomi Sano
- Music: Michiru Oshima
- Production: Passione
The main theme songs of the anime were earlier revealed. The Opening theme will be “Cry for the Truth” by Mich and the Ending theme will be “Secret Sky” also performed by Mich.
There will also be a pre-screening event of the anime on Saturday the 27th of June. The first two episode of the anime will be shown to attendees where there will also be a special talk session with Yoko Hikasa and Aoi Yuuki. It will be held at the Space FS Shiodome and tickets will sell for ¥1,500 (~ $12.15 USD).
The action-fantasy seinen light novel series was published on August 25, 2011 and is still ongoing. It was written by Ishio Yamagata and drawn by Terui (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru). It has received a manga adaptation on February 25, 2012 and it was illustrated by Kei Toru (Akame ga Kill! Zero). It was serialized on Shueisha’s Super Dash & Go! magazine. On Friday, November 21, Shueisha’s Dash X Bunko will print the fifth compiled light novel volume and the third compiled manga volume.
Synopsis of Rokka no Yuusha from Haruhichan:
When the “Majin” awakes, the goddess of fate will choose six warriors and bestow them with the power to save the world. Somewhere on their bodies, a crest in the shape of a flower will appear and as a result the warriors are “The Heroes of the Six Flowers.” As the day of the Majin’s revival nears, Adlet, a boy who calls himself the strongest man in the world, is chosen as one of the “Six Flowers.” But when the heroes arrived at their designated location, they found that there were seven heroes present. Which meant that one of them was an imposter and an enemy. Confused by the impossible situation, suspicion and paranoia spread among the chosen. And within a thick forest, the heroes’ fierce battle begins!
The Rokka no Yuusha anime will begin its broadcast from July 5th at 4:58am JST on MBS during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
Source – Rokka no Yuusha Anime Website