The main cast was also revealed earlier:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) will lead the cast as the otaku Tomoya Aki
- Kiyono Yasuno (Tina Kobayakawa in Wake Up Girls!) will be voicing Megumi Katou, who met Tomoya by fate
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) voices Eriri Spencer Sawamura, a childhood friend of Tomoya
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Utaha Kasumigaoka, a popular writer
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices the role of Izumi Hashima
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will be playing Michiru Hyoudou
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) as Iori Hashima
The anime’s production staff were revealed as well and includes:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Oreshura, Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin)
- Screenplay Writer: Fumiaki Maruto (White Album 2, light novel writer)
- Music Composer: Hajime Hyakkoku (GJ-bu, K-ON!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Sword Art Online)
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata novel 1-6 volume covers:
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata also known in the short form Saekano, is a Japanese light novel series by Fumiaki Maruto, with illustrations by Kurehito Misaki. Fujimi Shobo has published seven volumes since July 2012 under their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. It has received a manga adaptation in addition to two spin-off manga adaptations. An anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures is scheduled to air from January 2015 on Fuji TV’s noitamina block.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata synopsis from Haruhichan:
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?
The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio’s journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.