A new visual for the upcoming Accel World: Infinite Burst anime film was revealed on Wednesday to accompany the announcement of the release date. The film will open on July 23 in Japan.
The main cast and staff will return in the upcoming anime. The returning cast includes:
- Sachika Misawa (Arisa Meigo from Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki) returns to voice Kuroyukihime
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Haruyuki Arita
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voicing as Chiyuri Kurashima
- Shintaro Asanuma (Takatoshi Tsuda in Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Takumu Mayuzumi
The returning staff consists of:
- Director: Masakazu Obara (Sora Kake Girl, Mai-HiME)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Yukiko Aikei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon)
- Duel Avatar Designer and Action Director: Yousuke Kabashima (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny and Madan no Ou to Vanadis Animation Director)
- Animation Production: Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Code Geass)
Here is the announcement video of the new anime:
Accel World is a light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by HiMA. The series began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko Magazine in 2008 and to date has a total of 18 compiled volumes. Two manga adaptations were released in 2010, one of which is a 4koma manga, with a spin-off manga releasing in 2012. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in 2012 by Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Code Geass) and directed by Masakazu Obara (Sora Kake Girl, Mai-HiME), which aired for a total of 24 episodes. Two video game adaptations were produced for the Sony PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.
Source: Dengeki Online