The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kozue Amano’s (Aria) Amanchu! manga has revealed a brand new visual, the cast, staff, and a new promotional video. The series itself is slated to air during July on Tokyo MX and AT-X.
The main cast of the upcoming anime was revealed and includes:
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) will lead as Hikari Kohinata
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Futaba Ooki
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Ai Ninomiya
- Yuuichirou Umehara (En Yufuin in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) is voicing Makoto Ninomiya
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) will be voicing as Mato Katori
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Cha-Komon
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) is going to voice Kino Kohinata
he leading members of the production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Junichi Sato (Aria, Tamayura)
- Director: Kenichi Kasai (Bakuman., Nodame Cantabile)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoko Ito (Love Stage!!, Golden Time Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Bakuman., Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
It has also been announced that Maaya Sakamoto (Tamayura OP, Ghost in the Shell: Arise – Alternative Architecture OP) will be performing the Opening theme song of the Amanchu!, Million Clouds.
A new promotional video was also revealed:
Here’s the announcement video:
Amanchu! is a slice of life manga series written and illustrated by Kozue Amano, known for her Aria manga. The series began in late 2008 under serialization in Mag Garden’s Comic Blade magazine. To date a total of 9 volumes have been compiled and published. Amano began her Aria manga in 2001. The series originally began under the title Aqua being published by Enix’s Monthly Stencil, before it officially changed to Aria as the manga moved to Mag Garden to be published in their Monthly Comic Blade magazine, for a total of 14 volumes, 2 volumes ofAqua and 12 volumes of Aria. The series first received an anime adaptation in 2005 being produced by Hal Film Maker (Uta Kata, Skip Beat!) and directed by Junichi Satou (Sailor Moon, Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle).
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15-year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There’s also a 16-year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari’s maelstrom as soon as they meet at school. Most of the manga so far details the relationship between the two girls, which quickly seems to move into romantic two girl friendship-territory.
Source: Anime News Network