The official website for the TV anime adaptation of light novel Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (And you thought there is never a girl online?) has revealed the character designs for the main cast. It was also revealed that the anime will begin its broadcast on April 7th at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX. The series will also air on BS11 on the 8th at 12:30am JST and on Sun TV at 2:00am JST.
The cast with their character designs includes:
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) will voice Hideki Nishimura
- Rina Hidaka (Mutsuki from Kantai Collection) as Ako Tamaki
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Akane Segawa
- Mao Ichimichi (Yuuri Wakasa from Gakkou Gurashi!) as Kyou Goshouin
- Hitomi Ohwada (Midori Imai from Shirobako) as Nanako Akiyama
- Yoshino Nanjou (Akiho Senomiya from Robotics;Notes) as Yui Saitou
The staff is as follows:
- Director: Shinsuke Yanagi (Momo Kyun Sword, Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS)
- Series Composition: Tatsuya Takahashi (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- Animation Production: Project No.9 (Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Momo Kyun Sword, ImoCho)
In addition to this, the website recently unveiled a new visual:
Past character visual:
Previous key visual:
Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko Janai to Omotta? is a Japanese light novel series, written by Shibai Kineko and illustrated by Hisasi. ASCII Media Works have published eight volumes since 2013 under their Dengeki Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Kazui Ishigami began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ seinen manga magazine Dengeki G‘s Comic from August 30, 2014, and has been collected in a single tankōbon volume. An anime television series adaptation has been announced.
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? synopsis from MAL:
Our naïve protagonist proposes to a female character in an online game, only to find out that the player is actually a guy. Traumatized by that, he decides to never trust a girl online, but now, two years later, a female player is proposing to him. What will happen?
The Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? TV anime is in production and will be start its broadcast on Thursday, April 7th at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.