New information and images have just launched for the upcoming anime adaptation of Iwaki Hitoshi’s 1990 horror manga Parasyte (Kisejuu). Mantan Web has revealed the cast, the production crew, a new visual and many character designs of the upcoming Fall/Autumn 2014 anime, which will be animated by Madhouse. The anime’s full title has also been revealed: Parasyte: Probability of Survival (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu).
The anime’s main cast has been revealed as well as the characters’ character designs. They are as follows:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) will voice the main character Shinichi Izumi
- Kana Hanazawa (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) as Satomi Murano
- Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) will be voicing the parasite Migi
The production crew who will be working on Parasyte: Probability of Survival was also revealed:
- Director: Kenichi Shimizu (Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher)
- Series Composer: Shoji Yonemura (Smile Precure!, Mujin Wakusei Survive)
- Character Designer: Tadashi Hiramatsu (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai)
- Chief Animation Director: Toshiyuki Komaru (Initial D: Fifth Stage, Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Art Director: Fuminao Akai (Teekyuu)
- Sound Director: Tomoaki Yamada (Death Note, Hunter × Hunter)
- Music Composer: Ken Arai (Debut anime, composer of Last Hope drama)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (Death Note, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
In addition to the TV anime series, there will also be two live action films produced by Toho. The first film will release in Japan on November 29 and the second film will release next year. The first trailer of the film released earlier in the month.
Parasyte, known as Kiseijuu in Japan, is a manga by Hitoshi Iwaaki that serialized from 1990 to 1995 in Kodansha’s Afternoon magazine. The manga was very popular and well received, selling over 11 million copies to date, with a total of 10 volumes. The manga also won the Kodansha Manga Award in 1993. Tokyopop, known as MixxZine in the 1990s, published the manga in North America until 2005, where Del Rey Manga picked up publishing rights.
Here is a synopsis of the manga from Haruhichan:
They arrive in silence and darkness. They descend from the skies. They have a hunger for human flesh. They are everywhere. They are parasites, alien creatures who must invade–and take control of–a human host to survive. And once they have infected their victims, they can assume any deadly form they choose: monsters with giant teeth, winged demons, creatures with blades for hands. But most have chosen to conceal their lethal purpose behind ordinary human faces. So no one knows their secret–except an ordinary high school student. Shin is battling for control of his own body against an alien parasite, but can he find a way to warn humanity of the horrors to come?
Parasyte: Probability of Survival (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) will air this October during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. Additional information on the series will release soon. The anime’s website and Twitter account has yet to open.
Source Article and Images – Anime News Network
Source Article and Images – Mantan Web
“Parasyte: Probability of Survival”, “Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu”, “Parasyte”, “Kiseijuu”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Hitoshi Iwaaki and Madhouse